Dereelight C2H 5A and Nitecore EX10 WC (Beamshots)

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
I know there are several comparisons of the new warmer 5A LED's to the WC (etc.) LED's, but I thought I would attempt posting my first beamshots. I know next to nothing about camera settings so please bear with me!

The two lights: Dereelight C2H and Nitecore EX10 both running on high. This is not a fair comparison in terms of light output...it is more to show the difference in color. I bought the 5A versions of both the C2H and the DBS and I am really liking the warmer tint! I ordered one of the special edition titanium Olight's (the 'Infinitum') which has a R2 WD so I'll post some beamshots when I get it :)

Anyway, here is a quick comparison...

The Nitecore EX10 WC (EDIT: replaced with updated pic based on feedback):
Original EX10 pic before feedback...

IMG_4738.jpg

The Dereelight C2H 5A (EDIT: replaced with updated pic based on feedback):
Original C2H pic before feedback...

IMG_4742.jpg

Both lights had fresh batteries, the C2H has the new AW IMR RCR123 and the EX10 is running a CR123 primary. Camera was set in manual mode using the same aperture and exposure settings. I hope these are helpful :wave:

Last edited:

Axion

Enlightened
That picture makes you EX10 look really blue, is that accurate to your eyes? In that picture even the 5A doesn't seem as warm as I'd expect judging from other pictures I've seen.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
That picture makes you EX10 look really blue, is that accurate to your eyes? In that picture even the 5A doesn't seem as warm as I'd expect judging from other pictures I've seen.

"I know next to nothing about camera settings"

The camera settings are all wrong, that's why the images look off. :)

The OP could try setting the white balance to daylight.

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
:ohgeez::ohgeez: Wow...it was definitely the white balance (at least this was the main problem)!! I changed several settings and didn't realize I had messed with the white balance setting.

I updated the pics in the original post but they don't seem to reflect the difference in tint very well. I don't think it's b/c of the difference in light output...I'm wondering if I need to change the background of the beam shot or if it's still due to incorrect camera settings??

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those beam shots look much better and I think it shows the difference in tint fairly well. The neutral white cree (5A) is clearly warmer than the cool white cree (WC) of the EX10.

Latest posts