• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Mag 2C 4xSSC High CRI - PRICE DROP!

wingate

Newly Enlightened
I am offering for sale a modded Mag 2C in order to finance a P7 project. I first made this 4x SSC light with U-bins but recently swapped the emitters to the high CRI SSC P4 and what a difference it has made. While not as bright as the U-bins, these S2 bin natural white leds are so much nicer to use. The way they bring out the natural color in wood is what I would expect of an incan, not an LED.

head.jpg
mag2c.jpg
star.jpg

Here are the specs:

Pewter/gray Mag 2C - switch modded to momentary and short throw for use with nFlex. Tailcap and spring modded for use with 3x CR123 with sleeve (heater hose). Head pinned in place to prevent turning.
nflex from George at TaskLED - this is either V2.01 or V2.10 of the firmware. Has UIF/UIP/UIB modes to choose from. Currently set up with UIB to give three light levels, plus an emergency low with a press from off. Driving 500mA through each emitter in a 2s2p arrangement.
4x SSC natural white high-CRI emitters (S42182) - CRI of 93, S2 brightness bin, SSA color bin (similar to the Cree 5A bin in color), H Vf bin
Download Adjustable Multi-Sink
20mm optics from L2 - 2x 15 degree and 2x 25 degree. Can quickly and easily be changed for other pattern optics or Khatod 17mm reflectors by removing the bezel and replacing. Can use 20mm reflectors by adjusting the multi-sink.

Battery options include anything that will provide ~8.3 to 24V and withstand a 7.2W draw. I have been using primaries, but rechargeable RCR123/16340 batteries should work including IMR. I do not have any, so I cannot say whether or not a 2 cell configuration would work (2x18500 or 2x Li C-cells).
Light is in fine shape, only used around the house and brief walks outside. There is one spot ~2mm diameter on the tailcap that looks to have had lighter anodizing from the factory.
According to the specs for these LEDs, this light should put out ~360 lumens at the emitters at 500mA each. I tried to take beamshots to show the color and intensity of this light in comparison to a 6P knock-off with a Cree Q3-3A modded drop-in.

Solarforce Q3 3A drop in (1 sec F2.8):
solarforceq33abs.jpg

Mag 2C 4x SSC High CRI (1 sec F2.8):
mag2cbs.jpg

I am asking $95 --> now $90 Shipped in the US which is pretty much just the cost of the parts. Since I am not the highly skilled fabricator as many of those I see on CPF, I can't see charging for my time. Besides, I had a lot of fun making and using this light already. This light has been very reliable, and is a great way to see the advantages of one of the new, better rendering, LED emitters available. Ships USPS Priority Mail no extra charge in the US, $20 international.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask any questions.

Robert

Last edited:

wingate

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag 2C 4xSSC High CRI - PRICE DROP!

BTT with lower price and free US shipping. :)

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

um, let me try to understand, im new to this.

it has 4 emitters and each one is about 300 lumens= 1200 lumens approx?

it has a programable driver in it so it can be set to 3 or more level settings?

low med high etc.

you can fit 3 x rcr123 in it.(and other cell combinations)

you want $90 shipped?

is there a way to get 24v in it?

approx runtime @50% on primaries?

Last edited:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, the whole light is about 300 lumens; these are single-die Seoul emitters. To get 300 lumens per emitter, you'd need one of the new multi-die emitters, like the SSC P7 or Cree MC-E.

This light's uniqueness is in its high-CRI Seouls, giving you much better color rendition. It approaches the warmth of incandescent lights.

afraidofdark

Enlightened

This looks like just an awfully nice light to have around, what with the multi-seoul head at high CRI and 3XRCR123 capability ... and the programmable nflex driver to boot!

Good luck with your sale :thumbsup:

wingate

Newly Enlightened

Thanks! PM incoming on payment details.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the light. I think these warmer, higher CRI emitters are the way to go for most lights I'll be using from now on. Once I used them, its hard to go back to anything else.:candle:

Thanks again,

Robert