Turquoise AAA question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsoll

Enlightened
I just received an Arc AAA turquoise. It is plenty bright enough and exactly like it was advertised (new). I also was told it had artifacts in the beam. I bought it knowing this. Do all colored AAA's have rings in their beams? Is this something I could send it back to Arc about?. I didn't think it would bother me but now I'm not sure. thanks. dtsoll ps I also received an Arc AAA LE that is absolutely flawless in beam and quality. I love these little lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif dtsoll

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
All colored led's have rings and artifacts in their beams. In white leds, the phosphorous smooths out the beam. That's right all white leds are actually blue leds with phosphorescent material on top. They also vary greatly in beam quality because of this and again it is just the nature of the beast.

Pat

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks Pat,
I guess I'm kind of relieved in a way. Like I said I was told about the rings and it is really bright. I'll just keep it and love it as one of my own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif dtsoll

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks Nascar,
The scotch tape trick works very well indeed!! It makes the beam very smooth with no rings at all. dtsoll

Status
Not open for further replies.