SUREFIRE SOLACE?????

tango44

Enlightened
Is this for real or what is it?

3103755457_a5f65a8ac3_b.jpg

pipspeak

Enlightened
heh... Surefire's answer to the shake light? :thumbsdow

However, it looks more like a school project... "design a marketing piece for an imaginary light"

kavvika

Enlightened
Can't be a Surefire. No mention of "Nitrolon" even though it's a plastic light, and I doubt Surefire would ever make a light that doesn't use CR123A's. Maybe some flashaholic graphic designer's final's project?

pipspeak

Enlightened
I wonder if "John Chambers" exists, and does he really consider "grilling" a hobby??! :crackup:

naked2

Enlightened
Dead giveway it's not SureFire's: No circle with a "R" in it denoting SureFire's registered trademark.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can read most of it. It uses ultra capacitors and the tether cord is a pull string to a generator to charge it up. So you pull the cord to run the generator and charge up the capacitors. The guy in the lower left photo holding it extended is actually charging it. The pull cord is tethered to his back pack so by extending his arm out he's running the generator to chuge the "ultra" capacitor which accoding to this wonderful product sheet, only takes a few strokes to reach a "useful charge".

Its supposedly made of polycarbonate and has a pyrex window. Supposed to be totally sealed to the outside world. I don't think its real, I think some one should try and email Adam Scott Hammerman at gmail.com and see what happens.

I am sure it will sell for $395.95 and should be listed as being available in June (what year we may never know for sure). :poke:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... What a load of :barf:! That ad is such a shameless use of SureFire's good name.:tsk:

I hope the proper people at SureFire who handle such things know about that and give them a good :whoopin:!

Illum

Flashaholic
Note that in the past surefire likes to take pictures of their lights specifically to show off the surefire logo? wheres that anywhere on the light?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like one for on top of the fridge. The cord could attach to the milk so when the kids get cereals it charges it up.

mr_maurice

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Looks like those pictures have been posted by user quattrokid73 on flickr http://www.flickr.com/people/25312165@N00/

According to his website, he's studiying design in San Francisco

http://www.coroflot.com/public/individual_profile.asp?from_url=true&individual_id=153485&

So emailling him wont get you a new flashlight in your mailboxl, but will certainly make him proud about his work.

It's a school project, as described here
http://edcforums.com/index.php?topic=23026.0