STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!

RaymondMillbrae

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks,

I just wanted to let yall know that this website is sooooooooooooooooooooooo detrimental to your wallet. So stay away unless you have deep wallets, and no girlfriend or wifey-poo.

I swear, I have not been here too long, and I am already on my third light.

I had a really nice Fenix TK11 (which is just about my perfect lite), two poly Stingers, a Surefire 6P with a drop-in SolarForce bulb, and 3 & 4D cell Mag-lite.

But since I've been here, I've purchased an EagleTac T10L (which I didn't like and am returning - SEE HERE), an Olight M20 Warrior (I prefer the cooler WC Q5 bin), a Terralux 300m drop-in for my 4D Mag-Lite...and now I am waiting for FlashCrazy to respond to my questions so I can purchase the Dereelight CL1H V4 (3SD WC R2).

I initially wanted the power of the newer DBS. But after looking at the size of that beast, I realized that it was not a carry/tactical light, and I shunned away from it. It was the same with the Tiablo A10. I wanted the massive power again...until I saw it's humungous size, and got turned off by it.

I gotta admit, this forum is a pretty cool "guy thing" forum. And if you want to covet...you're definitely in the right place.

Whew.

I just wanted to get that out of my system.

Oh yea...one more thing before I forget. I really appreciate the cordial and disciplined atmosphere on this site. I have to admit, I am surprised by the LACK of malicious gossip and childish banter that I usually find on other sites.

Kudos for a friendly, educational, and well-demeanored site.

Now I gotta go count my shekels to make sure I have enough left over to purchase reloading goodies for my 10mm.

In Christ: Raymond

PS: I posted on the LED FLASHLIGHT site because those are the only lights I own - and you fellow LEDers will know what I am talking about when I referenced the above lights.

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yea...one more thing before I forget. I really appreciate the cordial and disciplined atmosphere on this site. I have to admit, I am surprised by the LACK of malicious gossip and childish banter that I usually find on other sites.

I agree 100%. This is a credit to the owners and moderators of this site. They do a very good job of keeping things clean and it is appreciated very much!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes indeed, strange, it seems that us flashaholics are more civilized than other people, resulting in a much better atmosphere in the forums. hm.

that is.. until we start talking about 0ring lubricants

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes indeed, strange, it seems that us flashaholics are more civilized than other people, resulting in a much better atmosphere in the forums. hm.

that is.. until we start talking about 0ring lubricants

Or Fenix v. Surefire or AW v. DX li-ions.

Or the king: LED v. Incandescent.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raymond you slacking slacker you. If you don't own at least 5 different Malkoff modules, Several 6P or 9P units to put them in, then how can we possibly take you serious.
:party:

You don't need a girlfriend or a wife. They won't help you to see in the dark and last time I checked, neither one ever helps to save your money. :shakehead

So quit your whining about how nice and polite we are and go order the Malkoff Triple drop and some M60 W, F, L, whatever modules and get serious will ya.

Rookie!!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Oh and nothing like preaching to the choir and pointing out the obvious too. Next thing you'll tell us that a P7 flashlight is bright. :nana:

If your still reading this far and haven't figured out that this is a little tongue in cheek back at ya humor, (except for the wives and girl friends don't help to save money part that is an indisputable fact that will of course only get you in trouble if you tell any one of the fairer gender), then oh well. You just haven't seen the light yet. :p

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or Fenix v. Surefire or AW v. DX li-ions.

Or the king: LED v. Incandescent.
Who's the King? Led or Incan? Come on, until there's a LED that can compete with a Mag623 there's no question who's King! Oh-No! The HID guys are pulling out their PH50's! Run for it!
crackup.gif

Moka

Enlightened
Hey folks,

I thoughs that... Until i recently discovered the underground... lol

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
look on the bright side, at least you aren't currently building a 8K lumen 50K lux monster costing about $400 >.<

Or planning the perfect bling KISS light after that...

And after that, yet more plans for more custom stuff...!!

Welcome! :)

AA6TZ

Enlightened
I swear, I have not been here too long, and I am already on my third lght.

Now I gotta go count my shekels to make sure I have enough left over to purchase reloading goodies for my 10mm.

In Christ: Raymond

Raymond -- It's a safe bet you echo many CPF'ers sentiments. Happily, there's safety in numbers: the State doesn't have enough funds at the present time to lock *ALL* of us up for our terminal illumination neurological disorders! :D Congratulations on your recent purchases, incidentally. Those are some GREAT torches, my man!!! :thumbsup:

I see your point re: 10mm reloading equipment . . . lotsa $$$. That is one powerful caliber, to be sure. I've only shot a friend's 20C at the range (during one session only, sadly) and MAN did it ever sport some mighty "respectable" recoil. :cool:

Best of luck in your quest to get a handle on your escalating flashaholicism (it's a completely hopeless endeavor, so just keep-on-a-buyin') . . . and with your 10mm firearm(s)/reloading equipment.

Cheeers! :twothumbs

-Clive

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Each hobby is as expensive as you make it...

I get hooked on everything I touch, by now it's the flashlights... CPF helped me a lot in throwing my money away! :crackup:

I also want to thank folks here for their advices, no question stays unanswered and I also try to give something back, if I can! :cool:

Greets,

Henk

Chewy

Newly Enlightened
I've only been a member for a week and it's cost me $90!!

But, because of your expertise, I got 3 great lights: L1D, P2D, and L2D. Lego style was the way for me to go because I got high runtimes and and two battery styles.

Thanks Everyone!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Timepiece collecting forums are also WAY more $$$ than anything we discuss here on CPF. Hows $15 grand for a Panerai or 10k for a Bell&Ross. So just go HOG WILD CPF'ers... relatively speaking, flashlight collecting is not really that expensive :poke:

Centropolis

Enlightened
CPF isn't too bad... stay away from head-fi, and audio forums in general.

Thats stuff is NUTS!! wallet=:poof::candle:

Haha.....I can relate to this. I recently bought a pair of Shure SE310 earphones for my "eye-Pod" and they were way too expensive for what they are. Who the heck needs $200 earphones when you listen to music on the subway anyways?! It's like the difference between 256kps VS 192kps ripped MP3s......hmm....ops....i am getting way off topic for this forum! :)

I just bought them based on what I read on forums.

Anyway yeah.....stay away if anyone wants to save money.