Best and Brightest Pocket Light

volntitan

Newly Enlightened
So I want to get my father the mackdaddy super high power pocketflashlight. The Cool factor is a must. I've looked at Surefire. Yes they are expensive, but he is a "guy that has everything" so coming on something that he hasn't thought of, I latch on to it. Finding him a Christmas gift is maddening. He is retired and has done well for himself. So like I said, I want to knock his socks off when he turns that baby on to high power. I would like to get it at Amazon for the free 2-day shipping.

So PLEASE...advise me on if you wanted to get a WOW!!!! pocketflashlight...what would you get?

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
So I want to get my father the mackdaddy super high power pocketflashlight. The Cool factor is a must. I've looked at Surefire. Yes they are expensive, but he is a "guy that has everything" so coming on something that he hasn't thought of, I latch on to it. Finding him a Christmas gift is maddening. He is retired and has done well for himself. So like I said, I want to knock his socks off when he turns that baby on to high power. I would like to get it at Amazon for the free 2-day shipping.

So PLEASE...advise me on if you wanted to get a WOW!!!! pocketflashlight...what would you get?

Buy him a Nitecore D10. You can't get it on Amazon but that's ok, 4sevens is really good. Kinda like Amazon.com for flashlights!
I just got my D10 and it is very cool and practical. my wife EDC's the Fenix L1DQ5 as she has to walk home in the dark. She WANTS a Nitecore D10 for herself!
She has too much fun ramping the D10 up and down. :twothumbs
Plus this has the advantage of being practical for everyday. Others will no doubt chime in with their favorite lights.
Also consider that this uses AA batteries so yoiu can also get him Sanyo Eneloop batteries to go with it and those they sell on Amazon.
High cool factor and even higher practical factor. Win-Win! :twothumbs

volntitan

Newly Enlightened
I saw that one. Looks nice. Wish it came in a better presentation. Yes I know...means nothing, but it is all part of the wow. I saw a Surefire e1B backup on amazon, but don't know much about them. I want something that can bring down an attacker at night! I know, won't really, but that bright! He has maculer degeneration (sp), so losing eyesight. Brightness would be key!

What about the Fenix PD30? Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:

nars42

Newly Enlightened
If you want something that is truely impressive and a work of art you should look into our custom modders forum. I don't know too much about those lights myself but you should be able to contact some of the builders and see if they have any super lights in stock.

also, check this out:
https://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=34

volntitan

Newly Enlightened
The M6 is too big. I need it to be able to fit in his pocket. But keep the choices coming!!

madi05

Enlightened
i dont own one but i read the reviews to be great , that titanium olight light for like 124.99 christmas special from battery junction.com

i like them a bit bigger so i like the jetbeam military but i think they have a pocket style light that also has great reviews , bugoutgear.com

these are in the usa and will ship overnight to u for fast delivery

hope this helps

madi05

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the NiteCore Extreme at 4sevens.com.
Brighter than the D10.
With Shipping Upgrades, you can get it fast.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
he has something that uses CR123 batts? --> something like You think is good

he has NO such light --> something different
... running on one 18650 like Jetbeam Jet IIIs, and similar + charger
... running on 2 AAs like Fenix and such

for ppl that are not into lights: good, long running AAA light like Fenix E01

he has and uses a D-celled Mag --> Malkoff insert

volntitan

Newly Enlightened
I would say that around $100 would be good. I know Amazon isn't the place to buy, but I have free 2 day shipping and 25% off from there. They carry the Surefire e1b backup and the Fenix PD30....thoughts?

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1

The only way your going to get this kind of size to power ratio is if you buy the 100 Lumen Wee http://web.mac.com/Lummii/Lummi2/Wee_NS.html which is going to be duller "though extremely small:eek:" or the ElectroLumens EDC-P7 which should be a good deal brighter:twothumbs but is larger "just about max for pocket:rolleyes:" not that it matters since you can't get one of those in time for Christmas "unless you find one for sale CPF market place by an some one privately.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
A $100 limit changes everything. :D

How about the NiteCore Extreme? It is $88, plus you can use CPF8 for an additional 8% off. It has some serious cool factor, and is not overly large.

For a little over $100, you could get him the Raw Al. It is super bright, and super small. I like mine a lot, and it never fails to impress people.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
A key question is wether your father will be able and/or willing to occupy himself with UIs that require more than on/off of a light.

If he doesn't bother, then I think the brightest bang for the buck is one of the better Asian-made lights like Fenix et al.
They are reasonable quality and really bright.

Another thought is the Wolf Eyes Sniper with the P7 LED ... also excessively bright, but with a relatively big head.

The E1b is a fantastic little light, it has one of the most useful beams ever and is bright and throws well and has a KISS UI, but is is less bright than a 2-cell Fenix or the like.

I personally would go for the E1b as it is of the highest quality, but if all you want is wow-factor in lumens, get something else.

bernie

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
I truly love the E1B backup, its ergonomics, it feels great in the hands, it feels well made as well, and the output is really great and extremely usable. I have other flashlights, but this is one I always carry, and I truly mean ALWAYS. Everyone that has seen it (especially when they know nothing about flashlights) tell me it looks very professional and expensive, plus its round edges are very friendly with the pockets. You can buy it through amazon, it comes with batteries, and is just a little bit more expensive than the price you where looking for (unless you have a discount), so yeahh.... I would say you totally should get the backup and you wont regret it, no complications, always there and always works... hope this helps, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask...

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
Oh, and I forgot to mention, all the E1B's I have seen have a very decent colored tone which is very important for me, I cant stand the blue colors...