Fenix P1D Q5 - What goes around, comes round

Niconical

Enlightened
I got my first "real" flashlight back in April of this year.

The Fenix P1D Q5.

That was soon given away to a family member and some other lights were sold.

Why?

I discovered Surefire :)

The funny thing is, I thought for ages about what to get myself as a Christmas treat, and all I really wanted was a Fenix P1D Q5. It's such a great little light and I miss it. Problem solved though, the little guy is comin' home, order place a couple of hours ago with Fenix-store :)

So, have you ever stepped back in time?
Re-bought a light you thought you were over and done with?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, everytime I do I buy another NovaTac, but I've never given up any of my previous ones.

I re aquanted myself with my P3D in my left jacket pocket and said... ?amn good light, it's still a winner. I've also re aquanted my self with my P1D which lives in my right coat pocket... GREAT LIGHT, on the coat version I'm running a Leef body with clicky. I did add the Twisty to the coat upper breast pocket and I'm EDCing a NovaTac if I'm wearing Cargos, in which case the BitZ is riding too. I actually still use the P1 in the mornings, it's even smaller than the P1D and nice and simple, but bright. Can't remember what LED is in mine, but I think it's the CREE version.

So all the new toys are fun, but sometimes backing up is a good way to get a clearer picture of true progress, or lack there of. Fenix made some great lights, there not as glitzy as some, but they are sure great. I'm not ready to take the P1D or P3D out of the coat yet, even though I quite a few other lights I like. I keep them in my carry bags, car, coffee table, etc.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P1D on a Leef clicky body has been my favorite EDC even though I am heavily invested in Surefires. Now that I EDC the E1B I still take the P1D almost as much. It is thinner in the pocket and gives out some great light.

I haven't been using my 1st Gen P1 much since I got the P1D. If I only take keys with me I usually clip it on the keyring.

Magnus1959

Newly Enlightened
A fine little light. I love my Fenix P1D Q5. Very bright for a small light. Glad to hear your getting another one.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up my L2D yesterday. I'd forgotten what a truly excellent little light it was :D :thumbsup: