Fenix PD30 and Led Lenser P7

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights are nothing alike. The PD30 is a great all around general use flashlight, while the P7 is a great spotlight/floodlight, but not in between.

Both are great lights, but they really shouldn't even be compared to each other.

gsgtsg

Newly Enlightened
Which is a direct competitor/comparison of the PD30, if not the Led Lenser P7?:)

gsgtsg

Newly Enlightened
Does the Led Lenser P7 have a constant current regulation circuit, which keeps the flashlight in constant brightness regulation. Unlike traditional flashlights, output will not dim over the life of the battery.

Stephan_L

Newly Enlightened
Hi gsgtsg,

I own a Fenix PD30 (as well as a P3D Rebell100). And some of my partners own the LedLenser P7. I did a comparison between both and I am very happy with my choice.

Comparison:
There is not much different in brightness between both lights (at least I could not see one). The P7 may throw a little further, but I need more light at 6 to 12 meters, so I am very happy with the throw of the P3D.

While the P7 has 2 (two) levels of brightness, the PD30 has 4 levels of brightness (low-med-high-turbo) and SOS and strobe. The P7 has no SOS and no Strobe.

The Fenix is smaler and lighter. The P7 is kind of "fat". And the overall style of the PD30 is more of my favour than the body of the P7.

While the Fenix PD30 is fully regulated, meaning it gives the same amount of light, all the time, the Led Lenser P7 is not. The lights dimms by the time and you will propably not notice that, until someone uses a P7 with fresh batteries next to you!

The P7 uses AAA - batteries while the PD30 uses CR123a. Some may say, that CR123a are to expencive, but you can find them on the internet at around 1,50 US-Dollar per battery. So that is not that much of a cost - factor any more!

Fazit:
I use the PD30 as my duty light and I have it on my belt every day- and every night-shift. I am very happy with this light and I do recommend it to every cop, looking for a light.
The P7 is a bright light, but in direct comparrison, the PD30 is still the light of my choice.

Greetings,

Stephan

squareone

Newly Enlightened
I rotate the pd30 and pd20 as my edc. The 30 is a great light and impresses most people with how bright and versatile it is

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rotate the pd30 and pd20 as my edc. The 30 is a great light and impresses most people with how bright and versatile it is

Last week I saw a P7 at an event and someone compared it to his P3D and quickly gave the P7 back to the owner saying his P3D was brighter. The owner of the P7 claimed he can focus his fat monster, but that didn't impress anybody around, they wanted to have a look on the Fenix... :crackup:

I shouldn't have bought the 20 though, it's to tiny for my big hands, that was the reason I bought the 30, that's just the right size for me.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Does the Led Lenser P7 have a constant current regulation circuit, which keeps the flashlight in constant brightness regulation. Unlike traditional flashlights, output will not dim over the life of the battery.

No, LED Lenser uses drop resistors. That is why most of their lights are 3 or 4 cells.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like both lights. If you could tell us the main purposes the light will be used for it would help.

Bill

Holepuncher

Enlightened
While the P7 has 2 (two) levels of brightness, the PD30 has 4 levels of brightness (low-med-high-turbo) and SOS and strobe. The P7 has no SOS and no Strobe.

Stephan

Actually the P7 has 3 modes - Low, High, and a momentary higher. It is easily as bright as a P2D, The focusing feature works very well and throws very well when tightly focused and the flood beam is nice - this aint no Mag light. Solidly made but somewhat heavy. Probably overpriced for what it is though.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Why not try X2000 with the cree Q5, 240 lumens in it. Kicked off my Led Lenser P7 in flood and throw. Seldom used my P7 anymore.

orbspeed1

Newly Enlightened
UK,England,Surrey,On a chair in front of my comput
I looked at both and brought the PD30 Q5textured, the p7 is only fully power when button is half pressed and not regulated also a bigger torch.

Also there are 3 versions PD30Q5(textured or smoth) PD30 R2 and Pd30 XP-G each have either difrent power/run time or beam patern.