Best Daily Carry FlashLight

_STL_15_

Newly Enlightened
I was wanting to get some opinions on the best daily carry flashlight. Basically I something to carry with me at work but also will be on me out and about since I do not have a tactical light on my carry piece. At the moment I'm carrying a Mini Mag Light with an LED Conversion at work. When I'm out and about I carry a stock SureFire G2. I want something blindly bright for self defense purposes and preferably with a strobe light. Price range is 100-250. Thanks

Greenlead

Newly Enlightened
I love my Surefire E1B. It doesn't have a strobe, though. I got it when it was still $110.

It's small enough that I can carry it around with me everyday. I barely use my G2 these days.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my 6P's w/ M60's & my G2's w/ M60L's & M60LL's. BUT, for EDC I find it hard to beat my NovaTac 120-E's.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best is the one that works for you. I like AAA sized lights for my EDC. I always carry, not including the photons on my keys, a Fenix L0PSE and a Streamlight Stylus pro. I like the size and they throw plenty of light for a very decent period of time.

_STL_15_

Newly Enlightened
I would like something about the same size as the G2 maybe a little bigger. I have Tactical pants with the flashlight pocket. And I wear ****ies to work and I customized the cell pocket to fit a flashlight snugly with velcro.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wanting to get some opinions on the best daily carry flashlight. Basically I something to carry with me at work but also will be on me out and about since I do not have a tactical light on my carry piece. At the moment I'm carrying a Mini Mag Light with an LED Conversion at work. When I'm out and about I carry a stock SureFire G2. I want something blindly bright for self defense purposes and preferably with a strobe light. Price range is 100-250. Thanks
Obviously, it is the Muyshondt Aeon. Although for pure SD purposes, the SureFire E1B is better.

camaro09

Enlightened
sureaddicted just curious, why dont you think the E1B cuts it as a tac light and the L4 does? Honestly im just curious on your thought.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
sureaddicted just curious, why dont you think the E1B cuts it as a tac light and the L4 does? Honestly im just curious on your thought.

If you use the lights in a tac environment, you'll understand where I'm coming from. When i lightly press the tailcap of the E1B most of the time it goes from high straight to low. Plus, the beam is just not practical, its great if you want to see things off in the distance, but for cqc, its not ideal. Also if your wearing gloves, the E1B can prove a nuisance to hold onto, the size being the major factor.

EDIT When i lightly depress on the tailcap, its high, push a little further it goes to low. It happens everytime without fail.

Last edited:

elt1

Newly Enlightened
If you had asked me last week, I would have said my Nitecore NDI but only because I love the pocket size and the UI.
I've had the Surefire E1B and found the same switching problems as other members. And most of the time I prefer starting low - with low being less than 1 lumen....
However, I just received a Milky Boxter (Milky modded Surefire KL4 head & E1E body) and it is blows everything out of the water: 4 modes including a normal vs mizer mode, last mode memory with a quick tap sequence to go to max. 1XRCR or 2XCR123 body compatible. And a low/candle mode that rivals the Novatac. Sweet.
Definitely the best EDC in my books.

txgp17

Enlightened
Fenix L2D0

I think someone offered a forward switch for it....

Axion

Enlightened
If I were buying an EDC today here would be my top contenders.

EX-10/D10 - Very compact, good run time, simple yet immensely practical UI
C2H - Pocket Rocket
LF3XT - Best Beam of ANY Cree light, most sophisticated UI

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
My EDC is a Fenix L0D with a lithium rechargeable 10440 battery. Since it is so tiny, it is always on my keychain. It is blindingly bright and has a strobe.

I also often carry a larger light such as the D10 or a Fenix P2D, but since they are larger, they don't always make it into my pocket in the morning.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC light is always changing, but it progressed in this order:

Fenix P1D
Fenix P2D
Nitecore EX10 Cree
Nitecore EX10 GDP
Liteflux LF3XT

I really like my Liteflux LF3XT. It has a great low low and can be programmed to operate the way you prefer.

The Dereelight C2H is great for a small light with a lot of output. While I don't usually carry it all the time, I will usually throw it in my pocket if I know I'll be spending some time outdoors at night. :)

Niconical

Enlightened
When i lightly depress on the (E1B) tailcap, its high, push a little further it goes to low. It happens everytime without fail.

That sounds like a problem with that particular light or switch, not the E1B in general.

I have 3 and they've never done anything like that.
After pressing in the switch for high, the only way to get it to low is to release, press again.
Pushing in further then clicks in to whichever level it is on.

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
I've just got a Ra Clcky, IMHO the Perfect size slightly lonnger than the Novatac's but a little slimmer, bright, has strobe, easy access to Any setting, built to last,lifetime warranty, And heavy enuf to use in your hand for SD.
Oh and the beam is perfection.