Looking for a full Surefire E2DL review

sanchez

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I've been watching these forums for a couple weeks now, and I figured what the hell. I should just start an account...

Anyways at the moment I am looking at buying a Surefire E2DL and was wondering if anyone had already done a full review of the light. I saw a thread that had the E2DL's high output mode, but I was also looking for one that had the low output 5 lumen mode.

The main reason why I want to buy this light is due to some security issues my University has been having: car break ins, robberies at gunpoint, a few hobos, and a recent gang fight (all within the past month). The University has increased police patrol at night, however they can't be everywhere at once. The flashlight would obviously be for protection and secretly I've been looking to buy a Surefire for the past year or so :sssh:.

Apollos

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about a full review, but I can tell you its one helluva light. SureFire's claim of 120 lumens is definitely a conservative estimate. Great throw and spill...very useful 5 lumen mode as well.

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I've been watching these forums for a couple weeks now, and I figured what the hell. I should just start an account...

Anyways at the moment I am looking at buying a Surefire E2DL and was wondering if anyone had already done a full review of the light. I saw a thread that had the E2DL's high output mode, but I was also looking for one that had the low output 5 lumen mode.

The main reason why I want to buy this light is due to some security issues my University has been having: car break ins, robberies at gunpoint, a few hobos, and a recent gang fight (all within the past month). The University has increased police patrol at night, however they can't be everywhere at once. The flashlight would obviously be for protection and secretly I've been looking to buy a Surefire for the past year or so :sssh:.

Skulking around the forums... That's how it happened to me. :candle:
Well, if armed robbery is an issue, the first thing they're going to want is your awesome E2DL. Might think about a cheaper alternative. Something in the Fenix camp I'd wager. I'd hate to get shot for trying to take back my light :tsk::xyxgun:

Axion

Enlightened
Look for the 2 cell light comparison thread by "TheSun". From what I've read around here, the E2DL is really putting out close to 180 lumen and it throws a big spot about as far as the TK10/T10C2 (225/280 lumen respectively). It's one weakness would be less spill then the aforementioned lights, but that's how they get so much throw from less overall output.

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Apollos[/color said:
;2744172]

I don't know about a full review, but I can tell you its one helluva light. SureFire's claim of 120 lumens is definitely a conservative estimate. Great throw and spill...very useful 5 lumen mode as well.
+1

Sanchez -- Before I comment any further . . . :welcome: :twothumbs

Apollos said it all - and very well, I might add. The E2DL is currently my go-to flashlight; it's superbly constructed, puts out a HELL of a lot of light for its size (and for its rating -- thanks SureFire!) and "feels" very substantial in the hand. It's a looker to be sure. You won't be dissatisfied with this one!

Look for the 2 cell light comparison thread by "TheSun"...
+1 The Sun posts some of the most, if not THE most thorough reviews I've ever read!!! :thumbsup:

Good luck with your purchase, which ever make/model you choose - just as long as your very first choice is an E2DL, of course. :D

Cheers!

-Clive

pipspeak

Enlightened
No lead on specific reviews but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has anything BAD to say about this light. Its beam is simply the most useful one I have... hard to describe why, it's just always spot on (pardon the pun). Not necessarily the best light for indoor close up stuff but outdoors it's hard to beat.