Problems with ARC-LSHP ( with pics ) ## resolved##

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Hello to all, this is my first post and i apologize in advance for my bad english.
I had a little collection of flashlights but still no ARC so i decided to by one and ordered a LSHP from toolshop.de.
This is the only shop ( mentioned in the ARC website ) that sells the ARC LSHP and the 2AA taliswitch in Europe , i choose that shop also because you can pay COD (cash on delivery ) so there is no need of a credit card and no risk of lost parcel etc.
Yesterday i had the LS in my hand; the 123 battery pack and the 2AA battery pack are OK, but the head have some problems to the screw thread (see pics ) that make impossible for me to completely screw the tailcaps over the head.
The flashlight work well as i expected but for the mentioned reason i'm not completely happy .
What can i do ?
Can i force the tailcap with the risk of damage ?
Can i clear the screw thread of the head ?
Thanks to all the members of these fantastic forum !!
Ciao.

Marco Valenzi
Pisa - Italy

ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

ls3.jpg

Francois1

Newly Enlightened
Re: Problems with ARC-LSHP ( with pics )

Hello,
I also ordered an lsh-p from toolshop that exhibited the exact same problem as yours. After a short discussion with stefan mueller, I sent it back and got a replacement. I suggest that you do the same: having paid about 180 euros, I think that you can expect a flawless light.

François.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

the stuff on the threads is actually silver epoxy from what i've been told...you can get peter gransee to provide you with a replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif sorry your experience with the lsh-p was soured.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes Miciobigio, you have my apologies. And Chamenos is right, that is the conductive epoxy. About 3 months ago we stopped using the epoxy and went to loctite.

You can return the light to either your dealer or to us directly here in the USA.

Peter

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

peter, i understand that the epoxy was put there to ensure a secure ground path, so would this have been compromised when loctite was used instead?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

The loctite is only applied to part of the nut, not the whole area. So you have quite a bit of surface area making contact. This has not caused any problems with electrical conduction to be reported.

Peter

Miciobigio

Enlightened

Thanks to all, i' ve managed to resolve my problem; i carefully removed 80% of the silver epoxy and now i can screw the tailcap completely !!
Now i am happy !!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ciao.

Marco Valenzi
Pisa - Italy.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

good work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.