Nitecore D10 and Liteflux LF3XT comparison

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
Would someone who has both please post side by side and down the barrel comparison pictures?

I am trying to get a good idea of the physical differences between the two.

Thanks!

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a better comparison would be the EX10 with the LF3XT? These lights operate with the same kind of CR123 cell. The D10 operates with a AA.

There great detailed pictures of both lights on light-reviews.com.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a comparison between the LF3XT and a... RA CLICKY??? :oops:

I bet the Clicky is tougher, but how about the rest? Is it worth 3 x LF3XT? :devil:

I emptied my PN folder before doing this posting and expect that I'll be banned for life after this blasphemy... :duck:

Good night!

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
to clarify, i wish to see the two bodies side by side to compare size. while the ex10 has a similar form factor, i do not own one, so tge size comparison would be useless.

also, i am not concerned with a comparison of features, just trying to guage the size.

thanks.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
If I don't have anything to compare to, I'll just grab some paper and a ruler and draw out the different views. My high school architecture teacher would be proud. I've even taken scissors to paper and made 3D representations to judge size... of course that only happens on the rare occasion that CPF is down and I'm REALLY BORED!!! :D

I'm getting an LF3XT for Christmas, so if no one has stepped up I'll post a pic for you on Christmas day!

Haz

Enlightened
Another method is to use playdo or plasticine to shape it to the same dimension as the flashlight you intend to purchase, you can even create knurling and patterns on it, so you have a 3D representation of your intended purchase!

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Maybe these will help...

d10-lf3xt-1.jpg

d10-lf3xt-2.jpg

FWIW I've retired my D10 since getting the LF3XT - a far superior torch in every way.

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
Maybe these will help...

d10-lf3xt-1.jpg

d10-lf3xt-2.jpg

FWIW I've retired my D10 since getting the LF3XT - a far superior torch in every way.

Woo-hoo!

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.

Its also as I had hoped and expected- not much wider than the D10, and not as wide as the Novatacs and Ras.

Iwill likely do the same and retire my D10, now that I will be buying an LF3XT.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

testno2283

Newly Enlightened
hi,
sorry to kind of butt in but is either of these torches a good starter into this area of the market as i am looking for a good edc torch that is no more than $80 which is roughly £50 thanks
very much apreciated :grin2:
matt

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Hey testno2283,

Both of these are great lights (I haven't gotten to play with the LF3XT yet, but there are plenty of positive reviews around), the big question is what user interface you would prefer. Download the manuals and read up on them to see. If you still can't decide, get them both, play with them and then sell the one you don't want on the Marketplace! :grin2:

RBH

Newly Enlightened
Does the EX10 have better runtime than the LF3XT ?

Thanks, Bruce

mykhal

Newly Enlightened

Really in every aspect? For me, wider light beam and AA power are advantages for a tiny universal flashlight. What about LF3's sharp tail edges, isn's it doing some troubles in the pocket?

If you could provide side by side wall beamshots in min and max mode, I'd be grateful. I know that Liteflux has smoother cone, and is dimmer in min mode and brighter in max mode, but comparison of color and size would be interesting.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
I'm hanging on to my D10 simply because it's the best 1xAA light I've got and I think I should at least have one! I think the EX10/LF3XT is a more appropriate comparison when comparing aspects other than size.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both lights. Given a choice, I'd prefer my D10. I prefer the slimmer body of D10, the knurling and the AA use. Although LF3XT has, IMO, a flawless beam and dual UI modes, it's wider in diameter even more than EX10. And the sharpness of the tail edges are a no-no :shakehead

But if it's a comparison between LF3XT and EX10, that's another story... :)

Budman231

Enlightened
I had both an LF3XT and an EX10 (until I lost it :-( ). These lights have a very different beam. Lf3 is pretty much a flood. The ex lights have a tighter hot spot. The LF3 is is superior in every other way IMO.

Bud

litework

Newly Enlightened
hi,
sorry to kind of butt in but is either of these torches a good starter into this area of the market as i am looking for a good edc torch that is no more than $80 which is roughly £50 thanks
very much apreciated :grin2:
matt

The LiteFlux LF3XT is an excellent light that compares favorably to both my Novatac 120P and Ra Executive Clicky. It is comfortable to carry and has a very useful features/functions that are easy to get to. Buy with confidence.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the LiteFlux LF3Xt and the D10 GD and the D10 to me is the clear winner! I know, I know, the LiteFlux has all the modes etc but I found the following: The D10 has excellent knurling that allows you to hold the thing. The push button piston has a positive feel to it and works well.

The LF3XT clicky has no feeling to it - very little resistance and when you let go of it, it doesn't rebound instantly - its like there's not enough spring force pushing the button back up!

The LiteFlux stayed in my possession for exactly 20 minutes and was passed on to my father. He is right into high-tech complicated things. He studied the manual and also the on-line CPF manual and mastered all the different modes and options and has since retired the light to his car glove box - too slippery to hold, and no bloody clip - entirely useless for my or his needs.

However, with only the Nitecore D10 Q5/R2 available now, you are stuck with the ringy beam - with the LifeFlux the clear winner on that front.

Get yourself a used D10 GDP from MarketPlace and you will be laughing.
Anyway, just one mans unqualified opinion.

James...:D