Muyshondt Nautilus vs. Muyshondt Aeon

camaro09

Enlightened
Would anyone be able tell me if there is any difference really other than the battery type of these two lights? I like that the Nautilus uses c123 batteries but would go with Cr2 if i had to. I mean is beam pattern different, does one have better color? I know there is a slight size difference... is it noticeable in pocket?

da.gee

Enlightened
Run time is shorter on the Aeon. I suspect beams are similar. R binned Aeons might have an advantage in brightness but perhaps not to the eye.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC the beam of the Aeon has a bit more CREE characteristics due to the shorter reflector i.e. a little bit more of a dark area around the hotspot.

tsl

Enlightened
I'm seriously looking at picking up either an Aeon or finding a Nautilus. I know that the beams on both are similar with perhaps a small nod to the Nautilus because of the slightly larger reflector making any Cree ring less noticeable. I believe that runtime on the Nautilus is better, but the runtime on the Aeon is fine for me, and it's in a smaller package.

Ergonomically, which light is better to use one-handed? Also, I plan to EDC the light in the right front pocket ... dress pants, jeans, etc. So, I'm not looking for a keychain light. Would the Nautilus better fit the bill?

Posts also seem to indicate that the high on both is similar in lumens to the L4. The low on the Nautilus appears to be lower than the Aeon with the Aeon on the order of 10 lumens and the Nautilus on the order of 3-4 lumens. Do I have this right?