Help me decide!

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a edc light for everyday carry. I like the surefire e1b but dont want to spend much over 50-60 dollars. I will make a list of what I want in the light below:

1. uses only one cr123a or rcr123 cell.
2. atleast one hour of regulated runtime on Hi before brightness drops.
3. 80+ lumens, preferrably over 100.
4. pocket clip.
5. small size that want be uncomfortable in my pocket.
6. quality brand. I do not like el-cheapo knockoffs.
7. single mode tailcap switch is preferred. No more than two modes. Hi/lo

Any suggestions are appreciated. Please give me links to where I can purchase if possible.

Last edited:

squareone

Newly Enlightened
besides for the 2 mode thing i would say go for the fenix pd20. Thats what i edc and i love it

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion is if you want/like the E1B then save the extra money and get one. Then save some more money and send it to Milky and have him turbocharge it. You won't be disappointed. Or you can try 20 different lights and spend more than if you just bought an E1B. Alot more fun I agree. How do I know this? After a couple hundred lights you learn (hopefully). I'm still learning. Enjoy!

1996alnl

Enlightened
Take MARNAV1's advice,go for the E1B.
You'll save money on the long run.

It's a quality piece that's much brighter than it's rated 80 lumens.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you all give me more specific info on modifications that Milky makes, ie; emmiter type, bin, brightness and runtime specs?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I don't own a E1B there are all sorts of combinations that I have seen on here commonly known as Surefire lego's. Many different combinations of bodies and tailcaps and some of the Aleph parts will fit as well. I imagine Scott (Milky) could swap emitters or reflectors or optics etc depending on what you want and your budget. You also can get into different drivers as well. He can also tell you what to expect for runtime/funtime and brightness. He isn't the only modder here but he is a very good one and very honest. If you contact him or do a search on E1B mods that will help. He is busy and has a family so be patient with him. Hope this helps.

Toaster

Enlightened
Looks like an awesome light from the reviews, but is a little large for my liking.

You do realize it's smaller than the Surefire E1B you were considering? This thread has comparison pics between the NEX, E1B, and various 1xCR123 lights. If you want smaller consider the Nitecore EX10 instead.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seen that thread before but forgot about it. I notice the size difference now. Still have not made up my mind yet. Alot of them are tempting.

maxa beam

Banned
Take MARNAV1's advice,go for the E1B.
You'll save money on the long run.

It's a quality piece that's much brighter than it's rated 80 lumens.
+1

BEAUTIFUL T.I.R, Surefire durability (Some of the best), underrated output, and in general emanates quality.

I also very much recommend a SF L1, though, more than the E1B. A very focused beam, not much larger than the E1b (You won't notice it in your pocket at all unless you're wearing crazily tight jeans) and the 65 lumens looks like it's about 120 because of that incredible TIR focusing it so well. 2 modes. THE Surefire beginner light imo.

Get one in the CPF marketplace very cheap and in like new condition.

Last edited: