Rechargable LED for police work

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
I have reviewed many post and topics on candlepower forums but I still have not been able to fully absorb the information and pick a light. I would like some recommendations on an LED (P7 most likely) flashlight. I will be using the light for patrol work in law enforcement.

The specifications that I am looking for are as follows. I would like it to run on anywhere from 1-4 rechargable 18650 batteries. The size can be equal to around a 2-3 cell Mag light at the most. I would like at least 800 lumens of out the front light. I would like more spill than flood because I am using the light at ranges of less than 30 meters most of the time. The light will mostly be used in short bursts so heat is not a huge issue. The light only has to have 100% and off for the settings. More power settings are a plus but not requried. I am basicaly looking for a durable workhorse light that pumps out a lot of light. Thank you in advance for anyone that can share some ideas with me.

I recently purchased an Elektrolumens EDC-P7 and like the beam shape and power of the light. I keep that light on my dutybelt all the time as my back-up light. I want something more powerful for my primary light.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
First of all some of your requirements are just not going to happen. Brother if a light possessed all those qualities everyone would be wanting one! Does this LED light need to be rechargeable? How important is lumens output. If up close and personal is the norm than I would think 120 -200 lumens is more than enough! Blackhawk has a new rechargeable light which may work. I have not used it but it looks like it has potential and they stand behind their products!!

Blackhawk Night Ops Ally PLR Flashlight

The Ally™ PLR represents an evolutionary next step in rechargeable LED lighting tools. This rechargeable, compact, high-intensity LED flashlight for tactical, duty, and general purpose use produces a smooth, intense, prefocused, high quality beam of over 120 lumens of light output. Boasting more light output and runtime of any other light of its size and utilizing the latest generation 3-watt CREE™ LED this rechargeable lighting tool is designed with some very practical and unique features not available on any other rechargeable light. The Ally PLR utilizes the latest generation Samsung® lithiumion 3.6 volt rechargeable battery that develops no "memory effect" allowing the end user to charge the light at anytime during the lifecycle of the charge. Recharging the light is simple via a patent pending recharging design and is very easy by simply rotating a protective collar (just below the bezel head) counter clockwise exposing the male end of the charging contacts. An AC/DC charger that (included with the light) is similar to that of a common cell phone charger plugs into the body of the light and charges the lithium-ion battery. Charging is complete when the led on the smart charger turns from RED to GREEN. Equivalent light output of an 8-9 "D" cell flashlight.

I use a Surefire 8AX Commander but I wish it was an LED. It is the perfect body size but I'm not all that impressed with the bulb. Hope this helps!