NiteCore EX mode switching

D-Dog

Enlightened
Only concerned with how loose the head is while on "user-defined" mode. I like the light a lot, however, if I am going to be EDC'ing it, i will usually want it to start on low, not the 200 lumen high. Will the head untwist itself in my pocket or does the rather large O-ring provide a good amount of resistance?

tempman

Newly Enlightened
Only concerned with how loose the head is while on "user-defined" mode. I like the light a lot, however, if I am going to be EDC'ing it, i will usually want it to start on low, not the 200 lumen high. Will the head untwist itself in my pocket or does the rather large O-ring provide a good amount of resistance?

When I had my Ex-10 I felt that there was plenty reistance to the head turning too easily, but I wouldn't say that the o-ring was "rather large" by any means. Most people here say that the light is always in user defined mode (jumping to min/max is just a quicker way to "define" the mode). Either way I never saw the point in using the light as a twisty. What's the point when you can click the piston just as easy if not easier.

Toaster

Enlightened
I believe OP was referring to Nitecore Extreme, not EX10. Anyhow NEX head is just like Fenix heads, no problem carrying in user defined mode. It's usually how I carry my NEX and I never had a problem with head coming loose.

D-Dog

Enlightened
Whoops... Thanks for correcting me... I thought that if I put NEX not too many people would know what I meant so I put Nitecore EX which can easily get confused with the 10 model with piston

D-Dog

Enlightened
I believe OP was referring to Nitecore Extreme, not EX10. Anyhow NEX head is just like Fenix heads, no problem carrying in user defined mode. It's usually how I carry my NEX and I never had a problem with head coming loose.
Ok, I never thought about it that way :eek:, however, I guess this light is no different than a fenix in general mode vs turbo and I never had a problem there. So, how do you like the light? Is it easily pocketable, etc. I enjoy reading reviews but user opinions are a lot more important to me.

Toaster

Enlightened
NEX gets a big thumbs up from me. I've been EDCing mine for about 4 months now and it's performed flawlessly. Never had any trouble pocketing mine. The clip always slips easily onto my pocket. If you get one I'm sure you'll love it. Mine never fails to get compliments when I whip it out and pass it around :thumbsup:

D-Dog

Enlightened
NEX gets a big thumbs up from me. I've been EDCing mine for about 4 months now and it's performed flawlessly. Never had any trouble pocketing mine. The clip always slips easily onto my pocket. If you get one I'm sure you'll love it. Mine never fails to get compliments when I whip it out and pass it around :thumbsup:

Thanks :thumbsup: You have me convinced... now the hard part... I was thinking of ordering from 4Sevens b/c he will ship out today, however, does anyone else come to mind? Also, did you go for the SS bezel and why or why not?

Toaster

Enlightened
I ordered from 4Sevens for the top notch customer service and price. I got my NEX with the regular bezel as I wanted the crenulations (in case I accidentally left the light on), thought it looked better, and the up close triangle shaped spill didn't bother me as I use mine mostly outdoors. Don't really see any downsides to the SS bezel though, it's more a personal/aesthetic choice imho more than anything else.

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Been using mine since June without ANY problems. Use it as outdoor pocket thrower - Est. 170/180 lumens on primary cell.

IMO most overlooked & underrated single CR123 light out there. Has excellent build quality.

D-Dog

Enlightened
Good to hear another positive user experience as it is en route to my house as we speak (from 4 sevens :) ). Now I just have to hope Santa delivers in time :p

I may still mod my Intelli to an SSC, as it will be even smaller, although the batteries for it are only 300mah max and the draw on max is almost 800 ma which can't be good... Still, over 130 lumens from a litttle Cr2 light would have a nice wow factor