Surefire E1B!

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Just pulled the trigger on a Surefire E1B -- hope I'm not disappointed.

Unfortunately for me, I'm getting one AFTER the price increases. Paid $109.99USD on EBAY auction.

Anyone want to share love stories about this light? :naughty:

chaoss

Enlightened
You did well @ $110 as they are selling new for $149.
You also did well in choosing a great light and i don't think that you will regret it.
I recommend doing a search here on the E1B and reading all of the user info/mods/reviews.

cheers

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm impressed with mine. Plenty bright, good clicky switch, and a very useable low mode that can run for 37 hours, I think.
The only gripe I have is it feels a little slippery. I understand why it's smooth, but it's almost too smooth. Sometimes I have a tough time gripping it when I turn it on. But that's a relatively small thing. Anyone know of a way to give it some more grip?

chaoss

Enlightened
I'm impressed with mine. Plenty bright, good clicky switch, and a very useable low mode that can run for 37 hours, I think.
The only gripe I have is it feels a little slippery. I understand why it's smooth, but it's almost too smooth. Sometimes I have a tough time gripping it when I turn it on. But that's a relatively small thing. Anyone know of a way to give it some more grip?

Hey Big_Ed, have you thought about adding a Z68 tailcap to it?
I did this (suggested by another forum member, H2o Rower?) and it made a considerable difference in how the light feels in hand. This also adds tailstand ability :twothumbs.

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
you definitely won't be disappointed in this lil' pocket rocket. :cool: if you find it's a bit slippery, just throw an o-ring on it.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really pleased with mine. It's name is "Backup" but is bright enough with a great switch to be used as a primary light.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Glad to see the love for the E1B!

It'll be my first SINGLE cell Surefire & first Surefire LED. I've got several Surefire incans that still please me, even though I'm more of an LED guy now...

Heck, it'll be my first Surefire with a TIR optic too... This will be a whole new level of Surefire goodness! lol

roymail

Enlightened
Will Surefire still stand behind a light sold by a vendor on ebay?

You got a real good price. Congrats!

BTW, I think the Z68 tailcap looks really nice.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Will Surefire still stand behind a light sold by a vendor on ebay?

You got a real good price. Congrats!

BTW, I think the Z68 tailcap looks really nice.

I'm not entirely sure on that one.... But for the most part, their warranty is no questions asked.

Is the Z68 tailcap the same one that is on the E2D? If so, I've got one!

[EDIT]

Just reading the warranty info on Surefire's website, and it doesn't say that they don't cover ebay vendors! Says nothing about where you got the light... Just makes a mention of proof of purchase for the limited warranty parts...

Last edited:

seale_navy

Enlightened
I'm not entirely sure on that one.... But for the most part, their warranty is no questions asked.

Is the Z68 tailcap the same one that is on the E2D? If so, I've got one!

[EDIT]

Just reading the warranty info on Surefire's website, and it doesn't say that they don't cover ebay vendors! Says nothing about where you got the light... Just makes a mention of proof of purchase for the limited warranty parts...
well if there is anything wrong with the light the vendor might not give u an exchange or something..

but the u can still claim it with surefire LLC

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened

Cut up an old bicycle inner tube and use it as a sleeve, works brilliantly!!!

1996alnl

Enlightened
Glad to see the love for the E1B!

It'll be my first SINGLE cell Surefire & first Surefire LED. I've got several Surefire incans that still please me, even though I'm more of an LED guy now...

Heck, it'll be my first Surefire with a TIR optic too... This will be a whole new level of Surefire goodness! lol

Exellent little pocket thrower with a perfect beam,you'll be very happy with it...

Then you can move up to its big brother thats on 'roids the E2DL:devil:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Exellent little pocket thrower with a perfect beam,you'll be very happy with it...

Already debated it -- since it's the same price, 60 more lumens... I've already got the E2D though... I enjoy surefire for it's incans more than anything, and the ability to mod the 6P models...

foxtrot29

Enlightened

You know, I got the light today -- and it's very nice, but definitely the most ringy surefire I've ever owned. Not to the point where it would be an issue in real world use, but not like any surefire I have--all of which have perfectly flawless beams. This one has a slightly flawed hotspot, and a dark ring around the hotspot. Less visible in distance shots.

Guess I'm spoiled by all my OP reflectors...