VERY HAPPY new EverLED owner

shutterbug

Newly Enlightened
I FINALLY got my EverLED yesterday after having ordered it over a month ago (April 1). It got shipped out on April 21 and apparently arrived on April 28 but was lost all this time at the post office since the mailman failed to leave behind a little card for me and let me know it arrived.

Anyways once I got it home, I prepped my new 3D Mag (replacement from Energizer for which some leaky batteries destroyed) with some NyeLube. Installation was a breeze. Just unscrewed the little metal cap that held the crappy incadescent in place and dropped the EverLED in. Put in fresh batteries (also replaced by Energizer! great customer service!!) and turned it on.

OMG THE LIGHT IS AMAZINGLY WHITE!! Even my little ARC LE can't compare. It's PURE WHITE LIGHT, no blue artifacts at the centre or even slightly yellow green edges like the ARC.
It's AT LEAST as bright as the original bulb if not brighter. It can focus just like the original bulb too. I took it outside with me to take out the garbage. It BRIGHTLY lit up the top of a 60 foot tree outside and dimly lit up the entire house across the stree (about 100 ft). This thing lives up to all the hype, I can't believe it! I'm astonished how white and pure the light is. How come none of the other manufacturers can get bulbs like this? If LEDs have so much variance and even the so-called white LEDs have a greenish bluish tint to them, any guesses how LEDDynamics did it??? And it's so bright! I stupidly tried looking at it and was blinded. Are they perhaps overdriving the LED?? This is a 1W Luxeon right? My only other experience with a LS was an ARC-LSH I played with when I bought my ARC LE and it was definitely not as bright and was blue in tint.