Anecdote - how many flashlights in your lifetime?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
A very good friend of mine (pretty famous musician) asked sardonically just as humor/irony -
"how many flashlights have you bought in your lifetime?" -
and went round the table - most said about 6-10....

until it came to my turn, and when I said "dozens" they all looked incredulous -
that is until I pulled out my Photon (yellow) on my keyring - then the CMG Ultra-G in my other pocket and explained about "flashaholics"....

Then he wanted to know where he could get a Photon - especially when I told them it had 120 hours battery life, and I had mine for well over 5 years and it is still not worn out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not even going to attempt to count how many I've had in my lifetime...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If this counts flashlights from my website, maybe 300 or so.
Around 30-40 (or maybe more!) if it doesn't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I guess that makes me a flashaholic, doesn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

"Hello! I'm Craig and I'm a flashaholic."
(They say something like this at AA meetings; and I guess that FA meetings aren't very different!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
For keeps or for "evaluation" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

in this lifetime, I'm guestimating in the low to mid 30's with the majority recently being leds.

-Jason

d'mo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
They say something like this at AA meetings; and I guess that FA meetings aren't very different! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but at FA meetings, they encourage the addiction! HA! Buy both! Mwuahaaaaaaa! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
Well, I've gotten 17 this year (first year as an official flashaholic) to keep, about 8 to sell, five last year, and about 3-4 a year since age 12, when I was trying to lose those cheap eveready lights my parents bought me for camp. That backfired: they wouldn't buy me better ones since I kept losing them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, dozens.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
50 or so. But I'm not quite forty so I hope to improve on that number by quite a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably over 150 in just over 23 years. Nearer 200 if you count the ones I`ve been sent for the Torch Reviews Site or had bought for me over the years. I always did like my flashlights, though I could never afford decent ones in the early years so they just kept breaking on me.

Pretty famous musician friend, eh? Anyone I`d have heard on Radio 2?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Kirk

Enlightened
Well, I've probably got over 120 right now counting my "antique and vintage" collection. If you count new lights, probably around 40 now. Lifetime, probably around 160 or so. But I can stop any time. Really, I can! After the 2 arrive from a recent Ebay auction I won't buy anymore........................until this weekend!
Kirk

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Why in the world was your (famous) friend asking something as insignificant (to the general public) as "how many flashlights have you bought in your life?"

This is not the kind of question most civilized people discuss when amongst friends.

(I know, I know, it would be the kind of question we flashlight addicts would discuss at length, but why, oh, why, did your friend bring it up to a tableful of non-flashoholics?)

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, maybe he has a slight addict or just meet a flashaholic too?

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Right, shiftd, maybe the friend was a closet-flashaholic ... not that there is necessarily anything wrong with that.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I bet that UnknownVT's friend was still in the flashaholic closet, and he accidentally "came out" by asking that particular question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
Now, he just needs to join CPF to complete the picture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif