Imalent        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

Flashaholic

Default Re: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

Quote Originally Posted by NotRegulated View Post
    nonetoo,

Right now illumn.com has a Malkoff Devices M61LLL 219B V2 in stock. nine left (as of this posting). $54.99.
    and a few M31LLL 219B V2 for those that like 2AA's in a Surefire G3 or other longer bodied lights that would normally take three cr123's.

Default Re: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List-Update 2016

How does the 219 throw in a p60 reflector? After recently upgrading an old cree light to the nichia, I was somewhat unimpressed with the flood beam (great general purpose but definitely too floody for my taste)

*Flashaholic*

I have the M61LLL (triple low) 219 "B" and it doesn't. It has a floodier beam versus "regular" M61 series. Which is nice. That is a *feature*, not a bug.

Of all the lights I have, the one most suitable for reading maps, books, something close-up - this is it. everything else drills a hole in the book. It's a perfect balance of throw and flood. Triple Low also has great runtime. And can run on 2xAA in the 9P body that I employ.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** ďLearn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someoneís life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.Ē ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    I have the M61LLL (triple low) 219 "B" and it doesn't. It has a floodier beam versus "regular" M61 series. Which is nice. That is a *feature*, not a bug.

Of all the lights I have, the one most suitable for reading maps, books, something close-up - this is it. everything else drills a hole in the book. It's a perfect balance of throw and flood. Triple Low also has great runtime. And can run on 2xAA in the 9P body that I employ.
    Yes I would agree it can be a feature; in fact my 219c modded Fenix L2T is wonderful for that. Iím looking for something a bit more thrown for general purpose outdoors or possibly as a rifle mounted light. Well both really- not sure where this will fall.

*Flashaholic*

Well then the choice is crystal clear. Either Malkoff M91T or M61HOT or M61T, any one of those would suffice.

with M61HOT being the brightest in the MD2 configuration, M61T having the longest runtime and M91T being capable of running 4x123 or 2x18650 configuration. They are really the same module.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** ďLearn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someoneís life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.Ē ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Will the m61 in a 6z handle two 16340 batteries in place of the cr123s?
    If so, what would be the output in lumens?

I should be just fine. The M61 handles voltages from 3.4-9 and two 16340s are about 9 volts. Output depends on how old the M61 is, the newer ones have a similar test on the Malkoff runtime test thread- 2x li-ion in M61. The runtime will be much shorter than in that test but lumens should be similar. To see the graphs you might need a computer as opposed to a mobile device unless you have the app.

Anyone got any specks on Malkoff M60N? Is it to much to run in a non metal host? I can find zero information on this thing
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Anyone got any specks on Malkoff M60N? Is it to much to run in a non metal host? I can find zero information on this thing
    Not for use in a totally plastic flashlight. If you have a metal bezel you could replace head with, then OK

Bill

Thatís what I was thinking. Dam! Any idea what the output is?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Have you tried calling Gene and asking him?
    Travis

Various Neutral Tinted/Hi CRI Goodness.

I Always go right to the horses mouth. Said it was so long ago that heís not sure of the exact specs.

@notregulated
    Thank you for all the work you've done for the Malkoff community.

I saw a couple of your threads when i started my runtime thread but i did not pay attention to all that you have compiled. Thanks again and I appreciate you adding the link to my thread.

It's a lot of work and hard to find the time anymore. I was off to a great start even though things could be better/easier for the readers, but life has changed enough that i haven't been able to keep up or finish my work.

to you

You did a great job my friend. Problem is with the multitude of combinations you would have to make it a full time job. Not to mention when you finally do get done by then gene has updated all his stuff and now your data is out of date.If Iím going to use a light and really need to know runtimes I set a weekend on the calendar and test. I donít have equipment to test output but I know what works for me. Real world info.

You are so right TG.
    It's great to have to have the information on here, but if I want to know how long a given light will last on given cell, I take it for a walk. If it's dark I take a spare.
    Who said that torches can't be good for you?
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

I agree with you guys but you know how many people are always asking about runtime on a given setup.

@TG: You're right, by the time I could get the testing done, Gene will have updated. Kind of like what has recently happened.

If I decide to do anymore testing, i will focus on the setups they were mainly designed for. I haven't totally given up but it's a far reach.

At least we have some good data on what kind of behavior can be expected. I have learned from my graphs that there are better options than what would appear to be obvious.

For example, i would normally choose a m31 or m61 but the graphs show m31l or m61l to be better imo but at the loss of some output. I would have never realized something like this without my testing. However everyones needs are different

You know Iím just thinking.You could do a special test for us nuts and charge for them. Hear me out. So I get a new m91B. I send it to you. Tell you I would like runtime charts for 3 primaries 2 18650. 2 AA. You do the testing. And send everything back.no two Dropins will be the same so it would be customized to our own lights. Now I know exactly how long my light will work and what output it has on cells I will be using. Huh huh 😁

Somebody else in the past mentioned me offering a service like that. I'm not sure there would be a market for it. Also my setup is probably not accurate enough.

This is kind of why I chose the route to buy almost every option possible from malkoff to test. I obviously didn't know what i was getting into.

Lastly, I'm usually on the road most of the time, however I have adjusted to making it home every weekend but lately trucking has been more of a challenge so I don't know what the future holds

You want to be the first candidate

Iím thinking thereís a market for it my friend. We get back a nice laminated card with everything we need to know on it.great selling point as well if people decide to get rid of that particular dropin. As for me. Iím a simple guy. I get my light and use the cells Iím planning on using and see how long they go for You know kinda real world.

I hear you, I'm the same way.
    Luckily, i think we have a decent amount of data to help the newcomers

Beware of causing yourself unnecessary stress. Once money changes hands expectations rise. I can imagine if gets back and it runs for 5 minutes less, there'd be grumpiness. Just do it for TG, he's one of the nice ones.
    Sorry, I spent to many years fronting a restaurant, but it's the reason we stopped doing New Year's Eve.
    P

Thank you for the kind words my friend. And yes it is sad that some people are the way they are. Itís really not difficult is it? Just treat others as you want to be treated. Pretty sure I read that in a book somewhere 😁

Well apparently 80% of the worlds population wants to be treated like sheet.

I was raised to treat others as I'd like to be treated. I don't judge anyone, i treat everyone the same unless they show that they need to be treated differently.

I was teased and made fun of for a long time growing up and i have seen people made fun of because they have a disability or are larger, etc, that's just not right. We are all human and should treat each other with respect, but unfortunately that won't ever happen

This world is too messed up and we are going to be what makes us extinct.

Anyway, back on topic
    Last edited by INFRNL; 11-16-2019 at 10:50 PM.

😊 👍🏻 nicely said my friend.

You took the words out of my mouth. We must have been separated at birth.
    P

Default Re: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

Iíd buy that for a $1. With $9 thrown in for shipping the card back
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456