Slow and Low...need recommendations please

holeymoley

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
I have been searching this board to find exactly what I want and I haven't seen it so far, so I'll just ask.

I am looking for a single cell light with long runtime, low output (Equivalent to- or lower than an E01), and a warm tint. :candle: Actually an E01 that isn't purple would be perfect, but I bought 2 already and ended up losing the tint lottery on both.

I want to avoid coin-cell lights (Photon, etc) and use AAA or AA or CR123 because I have lots of rechargeables for those. Variable output is OK. And, I would like to keep the price down but I'll spend some dough if the right light comes along. If I get nothing here, I might solicit a build on the Modders board, but I thought I'd check for ideas here first.

Thanks and Happy Holidays :)

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out this thread:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181715

That will go down much lower than an E01.

PM LED Cool and see if he can select a warm tint for you. The nice thing is that the tint won't change as you vary the light level because it uses a very high frequency PWM.

If you use a NiMh rechargeable AAA the first level (default of 15%) should be right around 10 lumens (same as an E01).

Otherwise, you might consider a Peak AAA light. Give them a call and see if they can help you out: Toll Free Phone Number: 1 ( 877 ) 881-7325

Definitely check out Peak. You will pay more for a single stage light in comparison to a Fenix single stage but it is worth every cent.

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the D10, and you might want to check out ITP's lights as well.....i have a C9 that i turned into a C7 by buying the AA body tube and the switch, nice light with variable brightness, strobe, and of course sos. Very easy to operate and still bright on a single AA cell.

carrot

Flashaholic
A Peak LED light would be good for you. They use whiter LEDs than Fenix does. Even better would be one of Endeavour's Makos, however, they are all sold out from a very small limited run.

holeymoley

Newly Enlightened
Nice suggestions!
I've got a D10 and I wouldn't call it warm, but I just checked the low mode and it is considerably lower than my E01. Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that before.
I should mention that I was inspired by the thread on the Nichia 083 high CRI.
Even though I might not get that kind of tint from any production lights, I know that the Luxeon K2 and some of the warm bin Cree XR-Es seem like a good choice.
But I think that I would have to mod a host with one of those emitters to get a warm light with a sufficiently low low...right?
Also, I haven't read about ITP before, I'll do a search.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously, give them a call and talk over your needs with them. It's possible they might consider trying a few of the newer warm tint LEDs (high CRI) in their lights if they see an interest.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice suggestions!
I've got a D10 and I wouldn't call it warm, but I just checked the low mode and it is considerably lower than my E01. Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that before.
I should mention that I was inspired by the thread on the Nichia 083 high CRI.
Even though I might not get that kind of tint from any production lights, I know that the Luxeon K2 and some of the warm bin Cree XR-Es seem like a good choice.
But I think that I would have to mod a host with one of those emitters to get a warm light with a sufficiently low low...right?
Also, I haven't read about ITP before, I'll do a search.

Here's a good review on the light compared to some other lights as well......this is what made me get the C9 which is a cr123 light and if you buy the C7 tube and switch then you have a torch that uses one AA cell and its still bright as hell.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/208440