Looking For Reliable Bright Long Range Inspection Flashlight

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
I am new to this forum and have just started researching LED flashlights. I am tired of my lousy Mag flashlight that never works right.

I need a bright reliable long range LED flashlight that I can use at night to inspect aircraft. Need it bright enough to travel a along distance to the tail of the aircraft. I would prefer one that takes different batteries or rechargeable. The company supplies D batteries but I could settle for AA I guess. I read some of the reviews on this forum but there are so many that if gets confusing. I never knew that there were so many LED flashlights.

Anyway your help would be appreciated.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with the maglight? I can understand if it's not bright enough, or if the batteries/bulbs die, but it's usually considered a very reliable "platform" light. Since they give you D cells I'd grab a malkoff single emitter dropin and a new 4 D cell maglight, and one of his pre-cut reflectors. There's a number of other D-cell lights but most of the ones I'm aware of are cheap, and while bright may not meet your reliability requirement. The maglights tight focus ability makes it one of the best throwing lights on the market, and with the right bulb it's hard to beat.

fixitman

Newly Enlightened
Husky 2D 4 watt LED from Home Depot, very bright, focused beam. And only costs $25. Its also very sturdy. Kinda odd looking, but works really, really well.
I have a 2D Maglite LED, and its not even close to the husky in brightness. The Husky also has better beam color.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on how much you wish to spend.
For instance a Dereelight DBS is a superb LED thrower but may be outside you're budget.
If you wish to use AA batteries then the Fenix TK20 may also be worth a look.

:welcome:

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
I second the Husky 4W.

It will surprise you on its throw, and the brightness is really good. The price is $25 and you have all the D batteries you need. If not for work, buy it for home, you won't regret it!

BTW, :welcome:

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking at the Romison RC-N3 or RC-F4 that Im seeing on Ebay for sale at a reasonable price. Maybe those would work.

The Mag-light is an older one with the regular bulbs. They are always burning out and the light never seems to be that bright or have that much distance. It is the 2D type.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you already have the maglight and get D cells for free why not get the Malkoff single drop in for the D cell light? Its a very good thrower only lights like the Dereelight DBS are better. that will work very well and be very reliable for a long time.

squareone

Newly Enlightened
Husky 2D 4 watt LED from Home Depot, very bright, focused beam. And only costs $25. Its also very sturdy. Kinda odd looking, but works really, really well.
I have a 2D Maglite LED, and its not even close to the husky in brightness. The Husky also has better beam color.

I agree, this light throws

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
Im thinking that Husky from Home Depot may we worth a try.
Thanks everyone for the help.

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
Just a followup on my post. I did get the Husky flashlight from Home Depot and used it this week at work. It has a very nice bright long beam and I like it a lot better than the Mag Light. The only drawback is that the beam is not adjustable which I miss.........