• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Cree MC-E heat-sink for Mag D host *_*_* LIMITED RUN *_*_*

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I think most of us is familiar with the new CREE 4 die emitter. For those who have been waiting for a heat-sink specially custom made for the MC-E, here is one :thumbsup:

Here is a small run new heat-sink that made to fit the latest CREE MC-E emitter in a MAG D host ( Mag C later ). Due to the small size of the emitter, and to precisely fit them. Quite a amount of work is needed to mill out the little 2 pockets. The legs of the 4 dies sit inside the slot (not very clear from the photo). Wires can be neatly run to have a parallel wiring on the 4 emitters. 2S2P wiring is also possible if you are comfortable with soldering small items. But they are meant for parallel wiring for ease.

It has a slot beneath the heat-sink for drivers board too. The rim of the heat-sink is similar to the P7 ones hence you can use any 15mm opening reflectors.

A small revision of the design will be made with the small inner pocket that was meant for the heat-sink beneath the MC-E emitter remove. I realized it is not very significant in helping with the heat sinking. But rather making it more costly and hence not my intention as I would like to have them affordable to everyone.

( The inner slot should be the other way round if you look at the emitter beneath, however, it should not affect heatsinking as it would be cover with heat compound )

There is only 9 pieces for this limited protype CREE MC-E heat-sink run at the moment. Kindly indicate your interest in the next available number and made payment after.

Dependent on the interest, they may be made again. Hopefully able to bring down the cost with enough interest. At the moment, they are going for $19 each.

hsmce.jpg

2S2P soldering

mces.jpg

Placing into the pocket

mces3.jpg

Completion

mces2.jpg

Available CREE MC-E heat-sink

#1 SOLD
#2 SOLD
#3 SOLD
#4 SOLD
#5 SOLD
#6 Available
#7 Available
#8 Available
#9 Available

$19 each, Please add $5 shipping for each order. ( Good for 2 heat-sinks)

Registered mail please add $2.00. I'll be responsible for lost or undelivered mail should you decided to choose this option.
I'll not be responsible for lost mail shipping via regular airmail. Please allow 9 - 11 working days for it to arrive.

First to post " I'll take it, get it" follow by PP to info (at) britelumens. com. Thanks.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

p/s: I would like to thank Sabrewolf for lending me the MC-E emitter to test fit the heat-sink. Thank you once again!

Last edited:

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I have added some photos on post #1 to show the 2S2P configuration with this heat-sink. It is possible (Just in case you are wondering)

Hope it help.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look really nice. I don't suppose there's anyway you'd be able to accept money orders?

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look really nice. I don't suppose there's anyway you'd be able to accept money orders?

You'd be better off sending $ through the mail... Just wrap some paper and stuff around it... no one will be able to tell.

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi RyanA,

Money order in this small amount might not be worth.
Members who know you might be able to PP for you or like what jason said, maybe notes in registered mail might work.

Let me know how I can help.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If that's alright with you. Will US currency spend in Singapore? If it's inconvenient I won't bother you with it.:sigh:

Britelumens

Enlightened
If that's alright with you. Will US currency spend in Singapore? If it's inconvenient I won't bother you with it.:sigh:

Hi RyanA,

I have no problem with cash notes.
If you are comfortable with this current heat-sink and would like to go ahead. Let me know and I will drop you the payment address.

Else, you could wait a while and I will have a revise version coming later.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jo

Received mine yesterday and I think they work great. I can see there was a lot of work involved in milling these but they are a great fit.

Thanks
Dave

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the next version facilitate wiring in series? Maybe I should use a star.:thinking:
I'm a fool, I've only thought of this now.