Finally bought a Surefire U2

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
After wanting one ever since I saw it for the first time, I have bought a Surefire U2. The 278 euro (+/- $375) retail price here in NL was a bit too steep for me, so I bought one from the US, second hand. Ok, it's a beater light full of scratches and the clip is busted, but it comes with a flip up blue filter and has the 1st gen 18650 compatible battery tube. And as I plan to use it as a backpack EDC, I'm just glad I don't have to make the first scratch myself.

I'm sure this is going to be 38 euros and 90 cents well spent :D

....yes, I bought a Surefire U2 for $50....

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations for that buy!!! :thumbsup:

Mine is flawless, but cost the whole price. I bet, we wouldn't see anydifferences in the beam though. Finally, if you buy a light to use it, what comes out of the front is what counts, isn't it?

Furthermore, you can do nearly everything with a U2 and it'll still work. :cool:

Enjoy that purchase, if you need y new clip, you should be able to get one, but it'll probably cost the same price as the whole light. I never use clips, btw...

Greets,

Henk

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
....yes, I bought a Surefire U2 for $50....
:eek::eek: Congratulations! Where did you buy it if I may ask? eBay or CPFMP?
And it takes 18650 - now that's what I call a good buy! The scratches don't affect the function so I wouldn't care myself at that price.
I guess it's the luxeon version because of the 18650 tube?

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought it off a good friend/fellow cpf-er who spent an awful lot of effort trying to get me to buy 1 or more of his SF lights....

Oh, I forgot to mention the perfect, donut-less beam :grin2:

Great deal on a great light:thumbsup: And if it ever breaks Surefire will take care of you.

One of my favorite lights ever made.

Sverre

AA6TZ

Enlightened
After wanting one ever since I saw it for the first time, I have bought a Surefire U2. I'm sure this is going to be 38 euros and 90 cents well spent :D

....Yes, I bought a Surefire U2 for $50....

Coop -- Congratulations!!! :thumbsup: :D :twothumbs You're going to LOVE that U2, no question about it. Splendid move.

Getting it for $50 was a true Godsend. :goodjob:

I've owned mine for going on four years and it still has NO scratches or blemishes of any kind. It's arguably one of the most useful and versatile torches ever produced. Oh yeah --- and it's beautiful! ;)

Cheers!

-Clive

Ainsley

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on an amazing light! I loved mine, but lost it in the woods last week.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on the fine U2 purchase Coop. I too have been wanting to buy a U2 since it first came out. Someday I'll snag one.

Ny0ng1

Enlightened
Hmmm... nobody has mention this until now

pictures please!

:D:D

great snag Coop, welcome to the SF club

Ainsley

Newly Enlightened
What woods was that?

Just Kidding. That's one heck of a light to loose in the woods. I wood be sick--if you will forgive the pun.

Bill

I don't mean to hijack or anything, but it is U2 related i guess hahaha.

I'm still sick over loosing it, I retraced my steps in the snow three times and was unable to find it! There was a trail area that other people walk down so I think someone must have picked it up while I was messing around in the woods.

I'm not sure what I'm going to replace it with, it was my only light with decent throw. I may just have to wait until UA2 or UB2 comes out and save my pennies until then.

I did however find my LF2X today which I lost the same week as my U2, so I was partially relieved.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know how you feel. I just lost my Serengeti Sunglasses over the summer while hiking. I was really upset. I didn't notice until I was almost back to the car, so I retraced my steps that day. It made for one heck of a hiking session. I not only lost my Sunglasses but was exhausted when I got home. Went back again the next day, but no luck.

Happy Holidays

Bill