Canadians.. Where do you buy Fenix?

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
I have decided to investigate Fenix for sales (in Alberta) to my workmates. I am looking for responsive sales staff, with the best gaurentee available.

Where do you recommend I go for discussions?

Flic

Enlightened
I know of two Canada-based sellers for Fenix (both out of the Greater Toronto Area). They are:

http://www.fenixtactical.com/index.html

http://www.j2ledflashlight.com/

J2led even retails from a store in Calgary. I have dealt with both with great success. I have had more contact with J2led and I can vouch for their responsiveness and customer service. On-line purchases with Fenix Tactical were first rate.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whereabouts in Alberta?

The General Store
Northgate Shopping Centre
117 - 565 36th Street N.E.,
Calgary, Alberta, T2A 6K3

Phone:403-272-0202 | FAX: (403)272-0237
(Memorial Dr E & 36 St SE - Calgary, AB)

If you are not in or close to Calgary Flic already has links to the 2 online dealers.
Many of us have also bought from fenix-store.com/4sevens.com in the US. 4sevens is the official CPF dealer. Don't forget to ask for your 8% CPF discount.

Flic

Enlightened
I do have to say that fenix-store is tops. Great pricing and free shipping. However, if you plan to make a fairly large purchase you are likely to have Customs get involved... and we all know how much fun that is.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, when purchasing from dealers, I have purchased all my Fenix lights from Fenix-Store/4sevens.

Fenix-Store/4sevens has one significant benefit over other web dealers....they provide a lifetime warranty on any Fenix light purchased from them.

Depending on the light and the exchange rate, the prices can be very close between FS and FT.
As Flic said, keep in mind the order size. Once customs gets involved, all bets are off.

The other thing to consider is how fast you want the light.
My own experience when ordering from US based dealers using first class international shipping is that it takes close to 2 weeks for the item to arrive.
I think that may be more related to customs processing at this regions (eastern Ontario/Quebec) hub, since I can get an item from Hong Kong in 4 or 5 days coming through a different hub.

When ordering from Canadian dealers you can usually get it within a couple of days.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I've bought quite a few lights from 4sevens.com too and I've been impressed by their response time. If you use their discount code of CPF8 you can save 8 percent on the pricing. I order using money orders. I get a confirmation from 4sevens via email a week after I send the order and it usually takes another week to arrive via USPS. 4sevens does not charge you for postage.

One benefit of buying from US sources is that your purchase (unless it's quite pricey) comes across the border tax-free (no GST, no PST).

Right now, though, the Canadian dollar has dropped significantly recently relative to the US dollar. As I write this, 1.00 US = 1.21 CDA, so it has quite an impact. You can check the latest value by going to www.xe.com

Last edited:

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Thanks guys for the response. Surefire's warranty sets the line for Fenix to meet someday. My P3D works just fine with a variety of baattery solutions. I wanted to try out a TK11 for work use.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought most of my Fenixes from Fenix-store but I have also bought from Fenix tactical and I have gotten great service from both.