Where to buy Fenix...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a reserve cop here in my town. I've got a 4-cell Maglite I'm fixing to buy the LED upgrade from Walmart.. Unless I can get the Malkoff (spelling is off) somwhere other than online. It serves as my big spotlight but I was looking for something compact.

I have a SureFire G3 that eats batteries. I started looking for an LED light. First thought was the 6pl because of the runtime. Then after researching, mainly on here, I've realized SureFire just isn't the best anymore.

Fenix has always caught my eye and now I've decided I'm either getting the TK10 or PD30..

I have a couple of questions though.

1) What's the difference in the TK-10 and TK-11.

3) What is the deal with their website(S)??

Here is Fenix's home page after I click on English. Note: Once you click on any of the "Series" links on the left.. you can't actually click on the lights, just read a short description..

http://www.fenixlight.com/newping.asp

Now here is another part of the website you can only get to from a Google search of "Fenix Flashlight". Note: It's missing the "T Series" WHY?

http://www.fenixlight.com/flashlight/index.htm

Then I go to www.Fenix-Store.com

Is this a dealer of Fenix.. or THEIR store.

It is here I find the PD30.. which I'm almost 100 percent is the one I'm going to get.

I just wish I could find a list of dealers so I don't have to buy it online. Being as how I guess I'm going to anyway.. is Fenix-Store.com a reliable place?

If you have read this far, I thank you :)

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: What is going on with Fenix.. They have lost me.

Welcome to CPF, Search.

Your duplicate post has been deleted. Both posts were waiting in the moderation queue, which was why you could not see them.

Sardaukar

Enlightened

Fenixlight.com is the official website of the manufacturer.

Fenix-store.com or 4sevens.com is a Fenix dealer based in the US. I have had 10+ transactions with fenix-store and recommend them to everyone.

Edit: Main difference between the TK10 and TK11 models is the ability of the TK11 to use 18650 batteries.

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to CPF, Search.

Your duplicate post has been deleted. Both posts were waiting in the moderation queue, which was why you could not see them.

I didn't read that message after I posted the first one :) I noticed it after I re-wrote it the second time. What I get for not paying attention haha.

Fenixlight.com is the official website of the manufacturer.

Fenix-store.com is a Fenix dealer based in the US. I have had 10+ transactions with fenix-store and recommend them to everyone.

That's good to hear. I guess I'm going to buy the PD30 from them tomorrow then. Hmm.. any coupon codes that are floating around?

Norm

Retired Administrator

:welcome: As recommended in the previous post.
You'll be far better served to shop at Fenix Lights - 4Sevens.Com
4Sevens is a well respected long standing dealer, excellent after sales service, David won't see you wrong.
Norm

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

4sevens.com is David's newer site. He sells more brands of lights there. David's Fenix-store.com is mainly just Fenix products. You'd probably have a hard time finding a better dealer offline than David aka 4sevens on CPF.

You can use coupon code CPF8 to get an 8% discount, and shipping is free as well.

PD30 is a nice light, the TK10 will throw a little better and be a larger and bulkier light. The TK11 is basically a TK10 with a smooth reflector so it will have even more throw, but you might find the beam less useful for close range tasks. It really comes down to how you want to use the light. TK10 is more tactical in nature, the PD30 is more of a general utility light / backup.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the main difference in the P3D Q5 and the PD30 Q5.

I thought the PD30 was an upgrade.. but it's 3 bucks cheaper.

Is their a main beam difference or something besides "anti-roll".

Ryanrpm

Enlightened

http://www.fenixtactical.com/ is the site i always go to. I think it is set up a little better then the Fenix Store site.

I think the TK10 and TK11 take different batteries also.

If you're sold out on Fenix, the TK11 would be what I would get. Also, what are you needing more in a light? Floodier beam or one with a lot of throw? Any price range?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the main difference in the P3D Q5 and the PD30 Q5.

I thought the PD30 was an upgrade.. but it's 3 bucks cheaper.

Is their a main beam difference or something besides "anti-roll".

The PD30 is the upgraded version of the P3D-Q5. The new version (PD30) has a tighter spot, may appear a hair brighter (in my opinion) and has a better body design. I am not sure why the PD30 would be cheaper. I would double check.

Welcome to CPF

Bill

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I highly recommend either fenix-store.com or 4sevens.com - both are owned by member 4sevens here and service is excellent, shipping is free and you can't go wrong. Lighthound.com is yet another fenix dealer with a great reputation here. Sign up for newsletters with these dealers and you may find even better deals from time to time.

farmer17

Newly Enlightened

You said you are wanting a Fenix light because "Surefires are not the best anymore". Surefires are darn good and a drop-in LED for you existing G3 would make a fine light that wouldn't be a battery hog. If the Malkoff drop-in is difficult to get, you might try a cheap R2 drop-in from Deals Extreme. They are only about 13 bucks delivered so if it breaks you are not out much money, and you could even buy two and keep a spare and still not be spending much. I have had one in my Surefire 6P for about 6 months and it is VERY bright and efficient.

sawlight

Enlightened

I've dealt with the Fenix store, I would buy from them again in a heartbeat!! GREAT service. Have no fear of that!!!
While you are ordering, go ahead and get an EO1 as well, you will thank us later.
As for the Surefire vs. Fenix debalicle, Surefire takes baby steps and perfects a product before releasing it. Fenix listens to and caters to those who want the newest and brightest "right now"!! Both make a good light, nothing more, nothing less.

Marduke

Flashaholic

Orders from Fenix-Store also come with an additional unconditional lifetime guarantee which is not offered elsewhere. Service is also second to none, and prices are usually the best.

1 what

Enlightened

Another vote for Fenix Store. Several purchases with fast delivery to Australia plus I've had a replacement problem well out of waranty and David fixed it no charge. Good guys to deal with.

Electric Factory

Newly Enlightened

F
Edit: Main difference between the TK10 and TK11 models is the ability of the TK11 to use 18650 batteries.

Is this true- the TK10 and TK11 are the same light but for the difference in batteries they take ?

Electric Factory

Newly Enlightened

And a slightly different body style, and the reflector difference (smooth vs textured)

Got it. Apologies for the momentary threadjack, but simply put what's the practical difference between a smooth and textured/ OP reflector ?

zx7dave

Enlightened

Get a Malkoff and some AW 17500's you will be happy with your old G3...

Illum

Flashaholic

Fenix have lost me after P1-CE:green:

I'm not sure what Fenix is up to...but its very difficult to locate from a logical sense which light came first...plus the old ones gets discontinued as fast as the new ones come out, so when someone mentions a light they have but you would not be able to find it on their website because its discontinued. :sigh:

If Fenix went in line with say surefire or streamlight's method of NAMING [I am not going start another Fenix/surefire war with this post], you could easily create an album of all the lights they have from the beginning to the current models instead of asking a new question every time ;)

I think only 4sevens here knows the lights in order, I know I don't:poke:

IIRC..
L1P/L2P -> L1T/L2T -> L1S/L2S -> L1D-CE/L2D-CE -> L1D-Q5/... -> L2T v2[Q2], L2P v2
E0 -> E1 -> E1-47 -> E01 -> E20?
L0P -> L0D-SE -> L0P -> L0P-SE -> L0D-CE [P4] -> L0D-CE SE[Q2] -> L0D-CE [Q4] -> L0D-CE SS -> LD01 SS
P1 -> P1-CE -> P1D -> P1D-CE -> P2D-CE -> P3D-CE ->PD30?
TK10 -> TK11 -> TK20

each have these possible colors, gray, olive, black, with the exception of E01

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.