Flashaholic 12 -step program

cruisemissile

Enlightened
Feel free to add your own steps

Step 1- discover and purchase various plasticy lights, rayovac, etc..:)
Step 2- discover mag-lites, buy a 3D mag ("billy club" and because you think its bright. Hmm, how about a baby brother, buy a 2A mini-mag :sssh:
Step 3- break down and buy your first surefire. start with 6P or E2E.:candle:
Step 4- wonder, is there more brightness out there? wow,you mean I can get a clicky switch (instead of my SF's twistys):thinking:
Step 5- keeps getting better, diversify your holdings, purchase other brands such as Pelican or Inova, Streamlight, Pentagonlight, Laser Devices,etc...:popcorn:
Step 6- wonder why you keep buying lights, and justify uses and locations for these various purchases (glovebox , first aid kit, hurricane kit, under your car seat, on top of the fridge in case the fridge bulb burns out, night table, etc...) oh yeah, need lights for your bicycle (you don't have a bicycle, but you go out and buy one so you can put a light on it), buy headlamps too in case your hands are full.:shakehead
Step 7- yeah, I need these t hings, maybe smaller key chain ones will do, such as Fenix, etc...Need several for each key chain.:green:
Step 8- weaponlight, need a weaponlight (or plural since many of us have severa long and short guns):D
Step 9- Brighter, need brighter. Discover brands such as Romisen, etc...oh yeah, I "need" these because some of these also have various modes and UI's (EVERYBODY needs strobe and SOS, c'mon, and I will save the planet by saving batteries because these lights have energy efficient 'low'mode):laughing:
Step 10- Discover CPF (this step may be earlier and may "lead" to other steps). saw many other cooler lights and brands. spend wayy too much time here. including CPFM, since you discovered good deals and a few secondhand bargains. buy parts so you can mix and match tailcaps, bezels, etc...:sick:
Step 11- mod, start to mod. Milky, Malkoff, etc...spend many hours trying to figure out how to disassemble, mod, upgrade etc... buy necessary equipment (lathes,e tc..) CREE, need CREE. SSC, et al, too. :crazy:
Step 12- higher end, need higher end. Gatlight and SF Titan (need titaniums on both. Take out second mortgage, since the Surefire Invictus costs $99,999 (http://www.batteryjunction.com/ub2-bk-wh-invictus.html). Discover you have no equity in your house due to real estate bubble, so you sell your house outright (or considering "TRADE FOR SF" on CPFM)
buy more surefire (hellfighter, etc...) :poof:

what were your 12 steps?!:poke:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think for many of us discover CPF was one of the first steps, followed by buying lots and lots of flashlights :D.

rayman

The Light!

Newly Enlightened

Cydonia

Enlightened
I was stuck at step #1 for about 15 years before "graduating" to a 4D Maglite :D
Then I seemed to go right to Step #10 and CPF...then went back to Step #5...now I think I'm at Step #6 and 7 :D
No wait... Step #11 is doing light mods... damn... I was doing that wayy back at the time of Step #1! Ugh... this is a mental disorder.