Certain Kind Of Light

FlashingLights

Newly Enlightened
Im Looking for a Flashlight that can emit light for quite some distance without being tooo bright from the actual flashlight. I know one exists, I just can't find it online.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A dead stock Maglite does this - it uses a mediocre bulb in a big, deep reflector that has no problem getting big throw numbers (Lux) while getting lousy output numbers (Lumens).

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
yeah I have to guess something with either an optic or an aspherical.

:shrug: I've been witness to some vague "what light" threads but this one wins I think.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Im Looking for a Flashlight that can emit light for quite some distance without being tooo bright from the actual flashlight. I know one exists, I just can't find it online.

I highly recommend the Husky 4 Watt 200 lumen 2D Tactical LED flashlight $25 from Home Depot. It has amazing throw and an effective beam up to 500 yards in a very dark area, yet its spill is not nearly as bright or blinding as a spotlight.

I find it to feel good in the hand, easy to carry, and not too heavy.

I am very impressed with my Husky. I own many other LED flashlights and feel it blows them all away. I have posted some beamshots of it on this page.:)