Surefire clip issue

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I used to love Surefire's long clips. Made carrying my C2 model a breeze. It had just the right amount of tension. The short clips on my E2E, E2D, and L4 were always too tight. Fast forward a couple of years later, and it's a different story. Both types of clips have loosened ever so slightly from repeated carry. The long clips are now too loose, and the short ones are just right.

My C2 literally slips into and out of my pocket with what feels like zero tension on the clip. I'd hate for my C2 to slip out of my pocket if I'm running to catch the bus. (Especially since there's a handmade Malkoff M60 inside of it). My L4 and LED modded E2E have a good amount of tension on the clip.

Anyone else notice this issue on their clip-carried Surefires?

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
I understand where your coming from but what do you expect after years of carrying, clipping on and off for 365.....

Cant you just rebend it a little. :shrug:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Every now and then when I feel the PocketClips have lost the level of tension I prefer; I remove the clip from the body and gently squeeze the clip using pliers (leatherman). I locate the needle-nose pliers at the end of the clip's retaining section rather than too close to the curve of the U bend [does that make any sense?]
It doesn't take very much pressure to re-tension the pocketclip.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I understand where your coming from but what do you expect after years of carrying, clipping on and off for 365....

Two years of on & off carry. After such a short time, I didn't expect the long clips to loosen to that point.

Can't you just rebend it a little. :shrug:

Wouldn't even know where to begin. It's not as though the clip snagged on something, and can be bent back into the place. It's as straight as the day I bought it. Just loosened up to a surprising degree.... Sadly, not a physical degree where it could be bent back. And I usually wear dress-pants that have thin pocket seams.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Every now and then when I feel the PocketClips have lost the level of tension I prefer; I remove the clip from the body and gently squeeze the clip using pliers (leatherman). I locate the needle-nose pliers at the end of the clip's retaining section rather than too close to the curve of the U bend [does that make any sense?]
It doesn't take very much pressure to re-tension the pocketclip.

Sounds like that might be worth a try. Thanks Al.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've also noticed that normal carry does change the tension over time. The re-tensioning process is really easy and works well. When I was carrying my L4 continuously I'd have to re-tension the clip every 3 months or so.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carefully.

Seriously? I'd try squeezing with pliers a half-inch away from the U-bend, with something to protect the clip from the plier teeth.

roadie

Enlightened
my old trusty D3 clip seems to loss its springy, thus pull it out abt 2 yrs back.

got rid of it once and for all, i hate clips since then .... :mad: