Comparison 2008 Inova T2 to Surefire E2DL

mbw_151

Enlightened
I've searched and can't find any direct comparison of these two lights. They're about the same size and rated the same performance, but I don't believe the Inova is as bright as the E2DL since the runtime is supposed to be much longer. Anyone with direct experience with both?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 2008 Inova T2 uses the same reflector as my 2007 T2. It has a good balance of hotspot and spill. Throws pretty far.

The E2DL uses a TIR optic to focus the light more tightly. I have the Surefire Cree E1L and E2L which use the same optic. They have considerably less spill and a narrow spotlight type beam so I find myself sweeping them side to side as I walk outdoors at night.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T2 is rated at 125 lumens. My new T4 is rated at 175 Lumens. My E2DL out throws it and is brighter. Although I don't have a T2 I am willing to go out on a limb and say the E2DL is a lot brighter and will throw a lot farther. SureFire rates their output differently that other manufacturers. The SureFire E2DL is equal to 180 to 230 lumens as rated by others IMO.

Hope this helps.

Happy Holidays

Bill

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2DL is brighter and far throwing but the new T2 is no slouch. For the price it's a steal. One of the best deals in the Flashlight world...