Wolf-Eyes Defender questions.

beck_se

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I have a couple of questions regarding the Defender light.

A Swedish retailer sells the Defender II, on which you can turn the bezel to change from high to low output.

However, I can't find it on Wolf-Eyes.com. Is it an old model no longer manufactured?
Also, will it work with a digital Cree Q5 lamp assembly in it and will I still be able to use the twist-bezel function?

2. With a digital Cree assembly I can choose between 100%, 20%, 2% and strobe, but how does the tailcap work? If I click it on 100% and then click it off, will it turn off or will I have to cycle through all modes to get to "off"?

And how do I use the momentary function? What decides if I turn it on momentary or switch mode?

/Regards
John :thinking:

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
1. Defender II is older model which IMO is not manufactured anymore.
Extra spring inside body "activates" low-mode, but it didn´t work on my Q2 or Q5 modules. Only with original module which came along.

2. Copied from PTS: "Changing modes is easily done by powering on and off until you get to the mode you want. If left off for more than 2 seconds the circuit resets and starts at 100%. Digital circuit sequence: 100% (260 lumens), 20%, 2% and Strobe "

So turn on, then off and within 2 seconds turn back on. Then you´ll have next mode.

Momentary-on means that you hold switch to get light on but you don´t click switch to constant-on.
So you hold the switch to momentary-on and when you take your finger off from switch light goes off.

Have you ever used maglight with side-switches? This works same way, except those multiple modes.

Hi!

I have a couple of questions regarding the Defender light.

A Swedish retailer sells the Defender II, on which you can turn the bezel to change from high to low output.

However, I can't find it on Wolf-Eyes.com. Is it an old model no longer manufactured?
Also, will it work with a digital Cree Q5 lamp assembly in it and will I still be able to use the twist-bezel function?

2. With a digital Cree assembly I can choose between 100%, 20%, 2% and strobe, but how does the tailcap work? If I click it on 100% and then click it off, will it turn off or will I have to cycle through all modes to get to "off"?

And how do I use the momentary function? What decides if I turn it on momentary or switch mode?

/Regards
John :thinking:

Last edited: