Best way to mount my torch

BlackSpur

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to get a new bar mounted light set-up, for commuting and possibly some night off roading at a later stage. I am thinking about using this torch:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15739

I have batteries and a charger sorted, which leaves me with the problem of mounting. I have OS bars and would prefer a QR setup if possible. I seem to have several options:

1) 2 x jubilee clips. Cheap and secure but not QR.

2) Twofish Lockblock. Easy to fit and remove but expensive and I am unsure about how secure it is.

3) Modify a QR from a cheap light. This could be cheap but I am unsure to durability and how secure this setup would be. I am also stuggling to find a suitable bracket for OS bars. Plus I would then have to figure out how to modify this to hold my torch

4) Fenix bike mount. (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13004) Looks sturdy, relatively easy to remove from the bike. Unsure as to whether it will take OS bars/my torch

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

FrontRanger

Newly Enlightened
2) Twofish Lockblock. Easy to fit and remove but expensive and I am unsure about how secure it is.

I can recommend these. It's rubber, so I can't imagine it won't fit on oversize bar diameter. 4sevens has a 3-pack for $15.99 including shipping. Not really that expensive, and unless something has changed, code CPF8 will score you an 8% discount. If you position the light so the center of mass is over the handlebar, and you crank the straps snugly, it is secure. Mine has been fine even on unpaved roads. (If your handlebar happens to have very low friction, wrapping a piece of an old inner tube around the bar beneath the mount may help.) I got my 3 pack from 4sevens (back when he had only fenix-store.com) and am happy with it. At first I didn't want a 3-pack, but it's nice when you want multiple lights, or just a spare.

1) 2 x jubilee clips. Cheap and secure but not QR.

I use this (with a piece of an old tube, of course) on a permanently-mounted dynamo headlamp. But as you say, non-QR. I feel comfortable using them there because my lamp is ugly enough to not be much of a target for theft.

By the way, the light you link advertises a mere 50 minute runtime, and it might not even be that high. If you're riding in adverse weather, where changing batteries can be difficult, that runtime might be prohibitive.

FrontRanger

Newly Enlightened
What would you reccomend then? IS the MTE version better?

For a comparable level of output, I couldn't say, as I've got no lights in that area. The only flashlight I use for cycling is the Fenix L2D Q5, a nice supplement to my dynamo lights but nowhere near 900 lm. For that level of output, you'll simply need something with more battery capacity to get significantly higher runtime. Perhaps another poster will have something specific for you, but probably the best answer to your first question is "search through CPF posts."