I built my first P7 mag over the weekend

MarkInOhio

Newly Enlightened
It's nothing special. Just a 3D mag using a heat sink and emitter I bought from folks on this site. I used two of the DX 4x7135 boards sandwiched together to limit the current to 2800 ma. I'm powering it with 3 Tenergy 10000mah D NiMh cells.

So far I've only tested it outside for a very brief time. It was below zero last night and I didn't feel like freezing my you know what off. However, even with the brief tests I could tell this light is exactly what I wanted.

I live out in the middle of the woods and I've gone through a number of recharegeable spot lights. They only seem to last a few months before they crap out. I needed a powerful light I could count on. Hopefully this P7 Mag will fit the bill.

I have enough parts to build another one. On the next one I will use one of the multimode drivers sandwiched with one or two of the 1400 ma boards. I might use two and disable one of the chips so I can get a total of 2.8 amps.

The main point of this post was to thank everyone for all the valuable information posted here. There's no doubt you saved me a lot of time, money, and frustration.

Thanks!