The "Improved" Surefire Ultra

BravoFoxtrot

Newly Enlightened
Hi all!

The Surefire website now lists an "Improved Performance" Ultra with better battery life. I wouldn't mind adding the improved version to my meager collection. Does anyone know where I can find one of these and know that I'm getting the improved version?

New Specs:
http://www.surefire.com/U2-Ultra

(some bits from the Surefire site)
IMPROVED PERFORMANCE -- Compact (palm sized), high-intensity, variable-output LED flashlight for tactical, duty, and general use.

At the high setting the U2 will put out two hours of tactical level light (50+ lumens from an LED source) with a total runtime of three hours. At the lowest setting it will run for 175 hours.

SPECIFICATIONS

Max Output:
High: 100 lumens
Low: 2 lumens

Runtime:
High setting: 3 hours
Low setting: 175 hours

Length: 6.0 inches
Weight: 5.7 ounces with batt.
Battery: Two 123A lithiums

Thanks!
Joe

carrot

Flashaholic
Search CPF for the "U2A" which is the updated version.

It uses a Seoul P4 (not P7) in place of the Luxeon V.

The beam output is a little different, apparently more throwy and less floody.

OpticsHQ has been my preferred SureFire dealer for a good while now. They will likely be able to accommodate you.

BravoFoxtrot

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Carrot! So the U2A has the runtime stats as listed above? I just noticed it on the Surefire website so I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks again!
Joe

carrot

Flashaholic
I don't pretend to know the U2A in and out (or the U2 for that matter) but three hours of runtime sounds like an improvement over the original which I believe was one hour, so it seems probable that those specs are for the U2A and not U2.