Browning Flashlights

jpdr350se

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of Browning lights that use 2- 123 batteries. I was wondering if I could use rechargable 123's in these? One says it 6vXenon and the other is 6vXenon-6led.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Most likely not, the 8.4V would :poof::candle:

Although I have no first hand experience with that light.:grin2:

FWIW, they make 3V 16340 sized Lith-Ion cells and 3 Volt chargers for them. I think lighthound and battery junction sell them.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of Browning lights that use 2- 123 batteries. I was wondering if I could use rechargable 123's in these? One says it 6vXenon and the other is 6vXenon-6led.

I also have a couple of Browing CR123 lights. The 6 Volt bulb in these lights will most likely burn out fairly quickly if not immediately with two 3.6 volt rechargeable batteries. Fully charged these batteries are approximately 4.2 volts each for a total of 8.4 volts which would provide 40% more voltage than the bulb was designed for. You may be OK with the 3.0 volt version but run time will probably be pretty bad.

BTW- Battery questions should be posted in the battery sub-forum.

WELCOME TO CPF

Happy Holidays

Bill

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
cross posting is against the rules, do not start a new thread with same topic a separate sub-forum. When you make a mistake and start a thread in the wrong place, just admit the mistake and ask that a moderator move it for you.

For anyone reading this, please continue any discussion on this topic here where the properly located duplicate thread can be found:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/216854