E2DL or U2A?

BravoFoxtrot

Newly Enlightened
I'm a rank newbie when it comes to flashlights and am deliberating between these two. I currently have an E1B, E2L, and LD01, but these torches really intrigue me. What would you get and why? Is the U2A worth twice the price to the E2DL? Touch decisions!

Thanks in advance!
Joe

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question. I also own the E2DL and have often wondered how many advantages there are to owning the U2A over the E2DL. I am a huge E2DL fan.

I think Kiessling owns both and is a fan of both lights and I respect his opinion. Maybe we can ask him to give us a comparative opinion.

Happy Holidays

Bill

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Since you have an E2L the E2DL won't bring much new except more power, throw and teeth. More power is good, teeth might be bad as they are really aggressive. You don't wanna have this one riding in your pants.

The U2A is - IMHO - the best all around general lighting tool. It has the easiest KISS UI and a very acceptable beam for all kinds of applications. It is expensive though and bigger than the E2DL.
I'd still vote U2A though, but I am hooked on the U2 since it came out a few years back, so take my words with some grains of salt.

bernie

EDIT: Hi Bill ! :wave:

greenLED

Flashaholic
The U2A is - IMHO - the best all around general lighting tool. It has the easiest KISS UI and a very acceptable beam for all kinds of applications. It is expensive though and bigger than the E2DL.
I'd still vote U2A though, but I am hooked on the U2 since it came out a few years back, so take my words with some grains of salt.
I don't like agreeing with Bernie :nana: but he's absolutely right about the U2; it's one of the best all-around lights ever made.

Personally, I would like to have the e2dl interface in an e2l package. I guess you could buy an e2dl and swap bezels with the e2l... :thinking:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The E2DL is a better thrower and offers a better field of vision due to the fantastic optic.

The U2A is better up close.

bernie

mkdive

Newly Enlightened
I narrowed my next SF purchase to these two lights also. I read everything I could find about both of them. I already have the E2D....but I was really intrigued about getting the led version. Then I came across the U2A. It was tough to decide between the two. I ended up succumbing to my flashaholic side and bought both. They just came today. They are both great lights! That brings my small collection of SF lights to seven. I'm already looking for the "next" light. :laughing: