Does the wife know more about flashlights than you?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
My fiancée as soon as I learn something like a Malkoff with no hotspot or how if I get a resistor upgrade for my tail cap I can have dual mode.......She tries to explain to me how it works.

She is a semiconductor capacitor/resistor engineer and man it's tough when the she has a soldering kit and knows more about electronics then I could ever dream.

On the plus side she is able to give advice on the next LED drop-in upgrades. Hell, she even goes out with me at night and seems equally enthusiastic when doing beam shoots and teases her light is brighter.

Does anyone else have this dilema?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does she have access to prototype emitters :poke:

No,
Even our engineer here that does LED's. Who by the way also loves Malkoff products doesn't get the LED's.

He did get a Stanley P60 drop-in prototype 1 cell 18650 LED flashight last friday that is in testing mode still. It looks like a 6P just a tad bigger overall. We put a Q5 from Dx and it worked and was a perfect fit. The resistor on the 5 modes is in the switch, which we both thought was cool.:thumbsup: It was matt black with no markings, but the LED supplier (Panasonic) told him it would be made for Stanley. It looks like a cheap heavy duty light with a true 100 lumens on max with a 18650 cell; which was included. Of course with the DX Q5 it was much brighter, but I bet Stanley is making it for long run times.

I will do a review tonight on this Stanley P60 capable multi-level flashlight tonight. It has a surprise feature that all flashlights should come with and hopefully it sets the standard.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My wife is a dentist... shrugs:grin2:

and no she does not know that much about flashlights, although she EDCs a 1AA energizer in her purse.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, um... Stanley is going to start selling 18650 cells and Li-ion chargers?

No,
Even our engineer here that does LED's. Who by the way also loves Malkoff products doesn't get the LED's.

He did get a Stanley P60 drop-in prototype 1 cell 18650 LED flashight last friday that is in testing mode still. It looks like a 6P just a tad bigger overall. We put a Q5 from Dx and it worked and was a perfect fit. The resistor on the 5 modes is in the switch, which we both thought was cool.:thumbsup: It was matt black with no markings, but the LED supplier (Panasonic) told him it would be made for Stanley. It looks like a cheap heavy duty light with a true 100 lumens on max with a 18650 cell; which was included. Of course with the DX Q5 it was much brighter, but I bet Stanley is making it for long run times.

I will do a review tonight on this Stanley P60 capable multi-level flashlight tonight. It has a surprise feature that all flashlights should come with and hopefully it sets the standard.

D-Dog

Enlightened
This is shaping up to be an interesting thread :popcorn:

If only I could find a girl more interested in high-power lights than in texting...

I too don't see any "problem" and using "wife" in the title of your thread while also referring to her as your "fiancee" is a good sign :twothumbs

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chelis when you are done explaining "dilemma" to Kiessling could you explain "wife" to me. What a strange concept. :shrug::whistle::naughty:

The dilemma is she is far too technical and when I tell her that with a higher mAh battery this much output is expected she gets technical again. Although, I work in the same industry by background is not technical and I need a checklist to keep up.
Recently; she asked me why I don't just get all the equipment to make my own LED drop-ins and she would help me out. :whistle:

Also, a say wife/fiancee because a best friend you can be with all day for 5yrs is definitely one in the same.
1. We go to work together in the Morning.
2. We work in the same building at work.
3. We go home together.
4. We then go to the gym or just relax at home.

I hope all this personal stuff didn't freak people out, but yeah even on weekends we are together all day.:nana:

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
Nirvana has been obtained. This man gets to advance to a higher plane of consciousness than most of us ever will :rolleyes:
Hurry up and tie the knot before she gets away! :D

Latest posts