Dr. Frank's pain spray for dogs? Is it real?

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
My neighbor has a wonderful GSD. She (Remi) is sweet and playful, but has developed arthritis. She has an allergy problem with conventional pain killers. My neighbor has become desperate and is talking about an ad she saw on TV. It was for something called "Dr. Frank's pain spray for Dogs". Does anybody know anything about this? I hope this is not the same "Dr. Frank" who had some kind of pain spray for people a few years back. I remember some kind of investigation that went on about pain relief claims he made. I just don't want the dog to be harmed by something unproven or worse.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Same guy, same stuff as far as I know.
Just labeled it for pets.

Worst part is that pets won't even get the placebo effect that some people did.

OH and you get the big plus of a small dose of Mercury! Oh wait that isn't good. :oops:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's homeopathic which means that less is more and that Like cures like. How much is less? "mon data, I have just made a calculation which shows that this single drop of Tincture of Camomile, given in the quantity ordered by Jahr's Manual, would have supplied every individual of the whole human family, past and present, with more than five billion doses each, the action of each dose lasting about four days." is just a start.
It has not changed since
Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote about it.