If I put an IR filter on my DereeLight DBS

tpcollins

Newly Enlightened
I have a Sony camcorder with NightVision and Super NightVision that only records what the green spot is illuminating a few feet away. If I put an IR filter on my DereeLight DBS that puts a spot lets say 100 yards away, will my camcorder pick up that area 100 yards away or am I still limited to only a few feet? (Sorry for the post, I didn't know where else to ask, thanks).

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not going to bet much at all. A white LED emits very little infrared. It still may work better than what you have now but don't expect mind blowing amounts of illumination from it.

Trekmeister

Newly Enlightened
Depends on how much IR light the LED puts out. Unfortunatly I don't think it puts out much of that at all so it will probably not work very well.

shomie911

Enlightened
Get an incandescent light and put the IR filter over it, you'll get much better results.

Or a dedicated IR LED flashlight, like the Surefire M1 which is only about $140.

shomie911

Enlightened
"only" 140 :(
I wish I had "only" 140 to get an infrared.

I guess my views on how expensive a flashlight is have been warped by the Mcgizmo threads :eek:

Surefire makes great products though, if you need an infrared illuminator, the M1 will do the job.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
White LEDs put out almost no IR, you'll be limited to a few feet, perhaps even less than what you have now.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe shomie.
I've been pretty cheap lately.
exactly how much red light does that dropin do?