• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Modded ARCs - Thank you white light and Rudi!

mosport

Enlightened
I seldom put personally modded lights up for sale but now find myself interested in road bike parts, these two ARC LS lights were built using quality parts with much care. Hope these pictures can speak for the attention that went into them, please give them a loving new home :)

1. ARC LS Rev2 sterile unmarked body with GoldServe FLuPIC and red Luxeon LED
Sold and shipped to Rudi
This is a rare Rev2 head without ARC laser engraving or a serial number, that's HAIII tint matched with a 123 twisty pack. A custom programmed Goldserve FLuPIC board drives a F4FR deep red Luxeon emitter, mounted on a custom copper heatsink disc. This red Luxeon has excellent brightness, intense colour, and a low F-bin forward voltage (lowest Lux Vf I've actually used or seen!). The FLuPIC version has 10 balanced spaced brightness levels so you are able to set low and high levels, plus access max brightness (mode 1) in a simple UI menu. Strobe and SOS are also there, but are located in the other modes and don't get in your way.

The LED is matched with an IMS SO17 reflector coated in sputtering to eliminate any rings, I made the orange peel stippling heavier in the middle then fade at the edges. This really smoothens out beam quality, without affecting throw. All o-rings are new and the reflector is protected by a mineral glass lens.

Head and battery pack are HAIII tint matched in olive natural. Splitring holes are mint and this light has never been attached, carried, dropped, or scratched. $165 USD with shipping and PayPal fees included. Tracking and insurance optional.

Please PM with any questions, prices are for Canadian or American destinations, if you are elsewhere shipping may cost extra and I ship same day PayPal is received or MO's clear.

First poster to claim "I'll Take It" and :paypal: will receive the item indicated.

Thank you for looking!

Derek

img2439zo8.jpg

img2442pa8.jpg

img2443yk1.jpg

img2444wm1.jpg

2. ARC LS First Run with SSC P4 with custom McGizmo McR-18 reflector and CR123, slim single AA and double AA twisty packs.
Sold and shipped to white light
*BONUS* Kydex belt clip holster

Most First Run lights stay stock since opening them can easily destroy hard to replace original converter boards. This First Run ARC LS was carefully unpotted and the original NX05 optic upgraded with a modified McGizmo MCR-18 reflector that was shortened and shimmed to fit exactly inside the First Run bezel under a glass lens. Water resistance is improved with a rubber lens gasket modification.

In addition, driver efficiency was increased through an upgraded diode from theShoppe and will run happily on AA batteries or near dead CR123's. Drive current remains stock untouched and First Runs are famous for their circuit design capable of running on near dead batteries that other lights might not operate with.

Head and battery pack are very well tint matched in dark olive HAIII natural. Splitring holes are mint and this light has never been attached, carried, dropped, or scratched. $155 USD with shipping and PayPal fees included. Tracking and insurance optional.

img2432mb4.jpg

img2436hu6.jpg

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Red LED ARC LS Rev2 (rare unmarked) / LS First Run + 3 battery packs + Kydex

I have some of Derek's mod work and it is first rate. I will personally vouch for his skills and integrity. If you want current performance from the classic Arc LS line, look no further!:twothumbs

Karl

mosport

Enlightened
Re: FS: Modded ARC LS Rev2: Red LED with sterile body + PICS

white light: PayPal received, thank you. It's already packed and I'll email you with the airmail receipt tomorrow.

Thanks for your seal of approval too Karl! :)

But ya know what? I could've easily changed the led from this amazing red one to another white SSC P4 before listing just to sell it fast(er), but it'd be a shame unmounting a rare F4FR Lux III :mecry: These are long gone and really pound out lumens nicely, but don't take my word for it... :drool:

For people wanting the details details details!
Lumileds part #LXHL-LD3C-F4FR, LUX III STAR, RED.

My secret decoder ring says:

F-bin luminous flux = 122-155 Lumens @700mA (FLuPIC will drive 1A+ on max = more Lumens :nana:)
4-colour bin = 589.5-592.0 nm dominant wavelength
F-bin Forward Voltage = 2.55-2.79 Vf = you can use primary CR123 batteries :devil:
R for red

Someone take a sweet modded LS home for the Holidays!

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

shomie911

Enlightened

It does look like a sweet light.

I'll have to think about this one, I don't really have a use for it but it just looks so nice. :eek:

Great work on the mod mosport! :thumbsup:

Rudi

Enlightened

I'll take the #1 ARC with red LED.
Please PM me your paypal address.
Thanks.