Sundrop vs. Surefire E1B Backup

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
I know, I know, these two lights are totally different sports, however, when trying to explain what the advantages and disadvantages of having a Hi CRI LED are and the advantages and disadvantages of an aspherical lense vs a TIR lense, these two seem for me to be the perfect examples to compare. I by no means claim to be a decent reviewer (for I am still in the learning process) however, I did a youtube video so that anyone curious can see the major differences. If you want to check it out, it should be available anytime soon at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_KYXjup-Lk
Alright, well I hope someone finds it a bit entertaining or helpfull. Happy holidays to all of you!! :wave::party::twothumbs
Ohh and by the way, I cant resist but to say, the more I use the SunDrop, the more I fall in love with it, its simply AMAZING... :grin2:

bltkmt

Enlightened
I found that extremely helpful, thank you. I really did not understand what the Sundrop offered until seeing it on the video...great work.

shomie911

Enlightened
I commented on the video :D

I really want a Sundrop, it's like the perfect flood flashlight ever made.

Maybe I'll sell a few lights and grab a Sundrop, since I've never owned any titanium flashlights.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I really appreciate that you didn't stop at just showing what the Sundrop did best, but also showed that there was still a need for something with some throw to it!

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice video !
I really enjoyed watching it.
Thank you. :)

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the cool video comparing the two. I really want to get a high CRI LED light in the near future!

-Robert

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quality video :thumbsup:it is nice to see the Sundrop in action after hearing so much about it.Also a very nice illustration of why pure flood is more usefull than a focused beam in some situations.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Holy moly!! thats amazing color, texture resolution and shadowing, it doesn't even look like night time in those vids.

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Excellent comparison video.

My Lunasol 20 would be close to perfect if it had the High CRI of the Sundrop when in low and the throw and tint of my Milky Creemator E1B when in high.

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all very much for the nice comments, to tell you the truth this is the first video I ever make, but I will probably be making more in the near future. If you liked watching the video, in person the differences are even much more noticeable which is something I'm sure you all want to hear :nana:. Well, as I read somewhere here in the forums, most people are probably not going to be able to justify the cost with the technical benefits, however, like buying a nice watch, the SunDrop is uncomparable for now and is easy to give it a sentimental value...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Very nice video !! :bow:

And yes, the SunDrop is about the most perfect flood light with that great color, but it really doesn*t throw :D

bernie

clintb

Enlightened
I was wavering between the LunaSol 20 and a Sundrop 3S, but from seeing the amazing color rendition and smooth, even flood of the Sundrop in your video, the decision is solidified. My next EDC will be the Sundrop 3S.

Thank you!

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy cow, I need a Sundrop RIGHT NOW!:huh:

Mayo
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want one too!!!:mecry:

B-u-t with the Aussie dollar, it would cost me over $700 AUS!!
Again ----> :mecry:

One day maybe...

James....

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
This video review is fantastic. Great job.

The Sundrop is the perfect light for something I do every morning: pick a suit and tie out of the closet using a flashlight while my wife sleeps nearby. It looks like it has tons of other uses as well.

I may need to get one of these now!

Happy holidays to you as well.