Solarforce bezels

Superdave

Enlightened
Figured i'd show off the new Solarforce piece that I snagged off ebay for $30.

Yes, it is completely useless and could probably be considered illegal in certain states but hey.. it looks cool.:thumbsup:

102_6852Medium.jpg

102_6854Medium.jpg

102_6855Medium.jpg

it also came with a regular crown which i might put on instead. I like this head though, it's finned. :)

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL ... just snagged one myself but waiting for it to be delivered.
Does it come with a slightly less aggressive looking bezel ring as well ?
I have seen photos of the same bezel with a black bezel ring.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I am not fond of the shiny pointy ring but I just LOVE the rest of the bezel design!

Awesome :twothumbs

Are the shiny pointy bits steel or aluminum? I may have to get one and cut them off!

Superdave

Enlightened
Yep, it comes with a regular black aluminium crown.. this one is polished stainless steel.

I'm pretty sure it's going to end up on my polished 9P, i'll lego it together tonight and post up a pic.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Beamshots LOL!!

thats nuts

can you post pics of the non-klingon crown too. I really like the shape of the bezel though. IMHO it would look very nice on a black typeIII leaf body

Superdave

Enlightened
I moved the stainless crown over to the polished Solarforce head that's been on my 9P.. Not bad, just shows that i need to re-polish my 9P.. lol

Misc%20011%20(Medium).jpg

And here is the other one that came with it..

Misc%20017%20(Medium).jpg

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened
I don't like that last picture. The design looks too.. busy for me. 9P looks KICKASS though.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the bezel. Is it possible to get it without any crenellations at all, just a flat front? I'd definitely buy one of those.

It reminds me of the original Surefire KL3, but with a cleaner look.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
+100000000000000000000000000000:twothumbs
If I can buy that head with a plain black flat lens retaining ring or possibly a mild crennelated one then somebody put up a link or PM me the place to send my money!!!!! SOLD SOLD SOLD

I have a 2X18650 Leef that would love to have a little more funky style.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, if you need to smash through a ton of ice; and it's pitch black outside....... :thumbsup:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I can buy that head with a plain black flat lens retaining ring or possibly a mild crennelated one then somebody put up a link or PM me the place to send my money!!!!! SOLD SOLD SOLD

I have a 2X18650 Leef that would love to have a little more funky style.
Lighthound sells the G&P tactical head, which comes with both a "milder" crenellation as well as a plain metal retaining ring for a flat, smooth look. The bezel body itself looks identical to the Solarforce.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Out of stock.

I want it more today than yesterday! :tinfoil: However I think I would machine the spikes down to a very small flat ring then polish it up.

Last edited:

artec540

Enlightened
Out of stock.

I want it more today than yesterday! :tinfoil: However I think I would machine the spikes down to a very small flat ring then polish it up.

I think you could Dremel the spikes down to razor edges and make a really lethal weapon of it.......probably better not carry it in a pocket though! I don't know who thought of calling it Klingon, but I like it.