Female Flashaholics? (Please lock/delete Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Dog

Enlightened
*Mods, if you feel this better belongs in the Cafe, feel free to move*

Having been a member of CPF for a good two years now, I have noticed there are fairly frequent posts about how a wife/gf does not appreciate the whole flashlight "thing", however, I have yet to notice a thread entitled "My husband/BF thinks flashlights are dumb" (or something of the sort)

I have also noticed that the majority of well-known posters tend to be male (from the big "modders" to retailers to mods even (excluding "Sasha" of course :) )).

I know there are females out there who also enjoy the hobby... make yourselves known :thumbsup: I have yet to see posts such as "I'm a female flashaholic and I'm proud of it"...

Final note: I am a guy... for all of you whom may be confused why a guy would start such a thread, I'm just curious and thought it would be fun to see

Last edited:

ugrey

Enlightened
Re: Female Flashaholics?

Female flashaholics? I don't believe in them. I never saw one. Next your going to tell me Santa Claus is real. I think I have seen more bigfoot monsters than female flashaholics. Of course there is Sasha, but she is just the house mother to this big unruly frat house on the web.

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened

There was just a thread a little while back with a female collector.

They do exist, it's just that men tend to be the ones who like collecting "gear" related items.

Bruce B

Enlightened

Heaven Forbid Female Flashaholics! :thumbsup: If there out there they should join up, and then we could have a flashaholic's singles network! :D

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

A few years back I think about a half dozen confessed to being enlightened.

Geoff

D-Dog

Enlightened

If there out there they should join up... and then we could have a flashaholic's singles network! :D

Oh gosh... I can only imagine what a first date would be like... still...that would be an interesting idea:whistle:

Anyhow... back on topic: I remember one or two thread recently where females whom were "enlightened" were mentioned, however, I wish those people would post more on a place like CPF:thumbsup:

Edit: ^^^ I'm fairly sure all the people who have posted so far are guys...

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

Of coarse a few maybe,but I guess there are more female CPF lurkers keeping a watchful eye on what their men are spending :devil:

Last edited:

zx7dave

Enlightened

So while my better half is not a CPF member, she owns several SureFires of her own including some Milky mods and lego builds. She is well versed in rechargeable knowledge, runtime, Lumens, and what is most exciting to me is she uses her lights daily. I am truly blessed with a wonderful woman and closet Flashaholic. Oh yea...our two cats have their own Surefires, but don't really seem to grasp how lucky they are compared to other cats...

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast

female flasholics are elusive as Santa Claus.

TumbleWeed

Newly Enlightened

I know there are females out there who also enjoy the hobby... make yourselves known :thumbsup:

:wave: As you wish. :wave:

You guys have been :crackup:cracking me up for two months. I enjoy your passion for lights and willingness to instruct we newbies. I'm reaching critical mass here though... too much info to digest. :poof:
As I mentioned on another thread today, I am new to flashlights and quite fearful that I'll soon have a pile of lights as big as my pile of knives. :eek:oo: Honestly. I came searching for ONE do-it-all light and now I want several. :sigh:

My favorite beam that I've seen so far is produced by the Milky Room Sweeper. :drool:

I'm not fond of retina-sizzling hot spots nor lights that could double as Louisville sluggers.

Lights currently under consideration for purchase are the LF3XT(Selfbuilt are you tearing off that :santa:wrapper yet?? It's review time!:popcorn:), Inova T1, T10C2, DBS MC-E, LumaPower Encore. I've been all over the map, preferences changing regularly as I learn more about emitters, batts, etc. I'll get something soon!

TW

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened

Wow Im supprised that tumbleweed hasnt been asked out/married right here on the forums:grin2: So I have to ask.... Are you single and do you have a sister :crackup: J/K J/K :nana:

Thats kinda supprising though cuz lots of ppl here on the forum have display pics of girls.... but they arent girls (odd if you ask me)

jimhoff

Newly Enlightened

This thread is worthless without pics!
Some chick with an M4:
CSI.jpg

D-Dog

Enlightened

:wave: As you wish. :wave:

You guys have been :crackup:cracking me up for two months. I enjoy your passion for lights and willingness to instruct we newbies. I'm reaching critical mass here though... too much info to digest. :poof:
As I mentioned on another thread today, I am new to flashlights and quite fearful that I'll soon have a pile of lights as big as my pile of knives. :eek:oo: Honestly. I came searching for ONE do-it-all light and now I want several. :sigh:

My favorite beam that I've seen so far is produced by the Milky Room Sweeper. :drool:

I'm not fond of retina-sizzling hot spots nor lights that could double as Louisville sluggers.

Lights currently under consideration for purchase are the LF3XT(Selfbuilt are you tearing off that :santa:wrapper yet?? It's review time!:popcorn:), Inova T1, T10C2, DBS MC-E, LumaPower Encore. I've been all over the map, preferences changing regularly as I learn more about emitters, batts, etc. I'll get something soon!

TW

Well on your way to losing your sanity and your wallet:whistle:

Anyhow, it was your post in this thread which inspired me to start this one:grin2: Too bad your post is the only "legitimate" response I've received so far as everyone else is a guy as far as I know :p

Edit@Nemo: mossyoak will still have the best female avatar if you ask me... I was like... until I read the sig :p

Last edited:

AA6TZ

Enlightened

I've been thinking about this one for awhile. After years of observation and to to be perfectly honest . . .

The number one reason the fairer sex has very liitle interest in modding, discussing, hell, anything relating to flashlights is due to the fact they're waaaaaay too preoccupied (consumed, it would seem) by their relentless, life-long quest of "modding" us MEN!!!

From my experience (both personal and from countless conversations with lots of other guys on the subject), there hasn't been a woman to date that hasn't wanted to change her man in some way - and make him into something "better." :sigh:
Oh well. There goes what's left of my reputation. :toilet:
Cheers! :twothumbs

-Clive

Status
Not open for further replies.