nitecore d10 broke into 2 pieces?

clipboard

Newly Enlightened
First of all let me say that I love the d10 for edc...The problem is that the walls of the head just above the threads are paper thin and in came apart
while in my pocket ....I'm afraid that if I get another that it will happen again
Right now I 'll just put my trusty P2D rebel back in my pocket . It served me well for a year so I'll just send back my d10 to 4sevens and see what happens. maybe he can swap for a l1d?....Clipboard...P.S. have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

madi05

Enlightened
From what i read it is a few of th eearly ones that were machined too thin, the new one should be just fine

merry christmas

madi05

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my D10 and im glad that the threads on it are thick......I agree your replacement should be fine.

kts

Enlightened
I like my D10 and im glad that the threads on it are thick......I agree your replacement should be fine.

How do you know the walls are thick on yours?

Its easy to say that "it was only the first batch that had these failures" this light was only 2 months old...:thinking:

clipboard

Newly Enlightened
It's B0928US 000250...You think I should swap for a new one ? I hope it would be fixed by now? Clipboard.

Toaster

Enlightened
Yeah that's not very reassuring. I'm sure 4Sevens will take care of you if this were to happen again with a replacement. But if you don't want to risk it, an LD10 would be a nice alternative if you can do a swap.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should I also be concern about these tolerances? My serial is 000023.

Yes and no. Your light might be affected, but the chances are low, and if it's got this far without breaking then it should be good for the rest of your life. If you're using the light in a critical role, whack it hard on the edge of bench/ desk/ whatever a couple of times, and if it survives that you should be fine. Mine has comes off my bike twice at 30mph+ onto tarmac, so I'm confident it's good, even though I pre-ordered :)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that's not very reassuring. I'm sure 4Sevens will take care of you if this were to happen again with a replacement. But if you don't want to risk it, an LD10 would be a nice alternative if you can do a swap.

I agree One of the many reasons to do biz with established CPF sellers like 7777 is the comittment to excellent customer service. Lighthound fits into this category, as does Battery Junction and EliteLED, Pacific Tactical Solutions,.... etc etc

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you know the walls are thick on yours?

Its easy to say that "it was only the first batch that had these failures" this light was only 2 months old...:thinking:

Just too me they look thick.......i have twisted and tried to pry the head off while its in the middle of the threads and it holds.

Kingfisher

Enlightened
My D10 seems to be/feels quite solid, but my EX10 feels a bit light/thinnish,
I've tried light pressure on it at the 'weak spot' and it's seems solid enough. Still, I'm getting a bit paranoid methinks. :sweat:

litetube

Enlightened
I want to say that when they started putting thicker bezel rings on the EX10 they also beefed up the threads but I am just assuming without true facts to back this up . Thats why I went with the GD over the Cree, it seems the Crees still use the old bezel ring? Also I dont think the Serial number on the cards really relates specifically to the flashlight and when it was made.

es2qy

Newly Enlightened
i have a chance to buy a used d10, threads look ok, how can i tell the difference?
(new here, great forum. hello )