Arc6 failed to fire....

moeman

Enlightened
Hi Peter,

I just got my Arc6 with guarded sleeve and it is D.O.A.
I cheched the battery and the contacts, the killroy is making contact.

The light looks great, perfect Ano. Head and tail match perfectly. SN 6934.

Please help!!!

This is very upsetting.

Chris

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Some silly questions for you:

1. How about when you use the Arc6 as a twisty? Can you get the light to turn on by twisting it all the way tight? It should go on to Preset 1 then as you complete full tightness it should go to Preset 2.

2. You are sure your battery is inserted with the Plus side towards the LED right ?

3. Are you using a Primary 123 cell or a rechargeable? Try the lithium primary 123 cell your Arc6 came with first.

moeman

Enlightened
1. Both push button and twisting gives no results.
2. Yes the battery is inserted properly. positive up.
3. I tried multiple batteries that worked in my Ra twisty and other lights.

Thanks for the questions tho.
The light really is dead...
:(

moeman

Enlightened
I know. I had been wanting one since he announced them.
Was my Christmas present to me. Been working six days a week for a while to be able to afford it. Very sad. With the holidays I will probably have to wait another two weeks to get it squared away.

Elmie

Enlightened
Use some contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol and clean the ring, kilroy and + battery contact on the head. Also clean the lip of the piston as well. My light won't fire up or flicker sometimes due to dirty contacts and every time that happens I just clean it and it works fine again. Good luck!

dtsoll

Enlightened
Man, I feel for you moeman. One thing for sure, Arc will take care of you! I know how disappointing it must be tho!!!!! I sure wish it had worked for you. Doug:)

moeman

Enlightened
Man, I feel for you moeman. One thing for sure, Arc will take care of you! I know how disappointing it must be tho!!!!! I sure wish it had worked for you. Doug:)

Thanks Doug.

I actually pick it up a couple times a day and try to get it to turn on...

How silly is that!?!?

:)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
moreman, have you sent the Arc6 back yet?!! Not like you are in another country that takes a long time to ship to and there might be some slim reason for trying to fix it yourself. Let us take a look at it.

Besides, I am curious about what would cause it to not light up at all. Don't worry, its covered under warranty of course.

peter

moeman

Enlightened
Hi Peter,

No I have not sent it back. I am still waiting on getting a reply from the email I sent. No one has been there bc of the holiday.

What do you suggest?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, if you are waiting for a RMA, you don't need one. Just send it back with a note that has your name, your shipping address, phone or email (in case we need to contact you) and a brief description of the problem (in your case it is simple: it's doesn't work at all).

peter

dtsoll

Enlightened
Moeman, Gransee is the owner of Arc, just in case you didn't know. Get the light on the way back, the sooner you do, the quicker the replacement. Shouldnt be too long at all. Doug:)