Come out of the closet

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Ok, it dawned on me in another thread, that maybe the poster had a friend who was a closet-flashaholic.

Which brings to mind the following problem.

How do we convince the guy to come out of the closet?

Particularly since the first thing most of us do when UPS delivers a new flashlight is run into a closet.

So, what would you lovingly tell your friend, if you suspected he was a closet flashaholic?

Keep in mind, being a flashaholic is not something readily accepted by society at large.

So, conversely, what are the advantages to being a closet flashaholic?

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Also, in some states, some acts with a flashlight are considered lewd and unnatural.

I'm wondering if our friendly LEO's would search the law books and tell us how many years someone might get, if caught fondling a flashlight, particularly one that was less than 18 years old.

My old boy scout flashlight is close to 50 years old ... which puts in the "dirty old flashlight" category.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
I_rv_too said:
My old boy scout flashlight is close to 50 years old ... which puts in the "dirty old flashlight" category.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that makes it a "sugar daddy" (or a "sugar flashlight"), though I do not think it is illegal.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I_rv_too said:
So, conversely, what are the advantages to being a closet flashaholic?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's generally understood that closet flashaholics require much less candlepower than if they went out into the open- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Willmore

Enlightened
Seriously, have you guys even *tried* to swing a cat around by the tail? It's nowhere near as easy as you would think--even given enough CPF'er free space. I mean, where to start? How do you even *grip* the tail? At the end? At the base? What grip does one use? Sort of an interlaced golf club grip or more like a baseball bat? And, and, and, how do you hold the flashlight while you're doing it?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I_rv_too said:So, conversely, what are the advantages to being a closet flashaholic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because closets have no windows and close walls so with the lights off flashlights look even brighter!!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I tried to get one of those things and then publish "Declawing a Cue-Cat" on CPF, but the only Rat Shack around here never carried them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Somebody else published a very similar article on some other website...presumably, their Rat Shack had Cue-Cats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif But I don't think their Cue-Cat was outfitted with a blue or purple LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to get off topic here [yeah right!] but I just couldn't help but notice something . Did you read the thread on the "shotgun flashlight"?
they reamed that guy for the comment he made about his wife, but we talk about swinging cats by the tail and nothing.
[maybe if the cat had a gun?.....]

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Ummm...don't know about the rest of you, but we don't swing cats by the tail around here, mostly because we "don't like looking at the southern end of a northbound (cat, rat, scorpion, mule...fill in the blank). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif