Anyone have their Eagletac Lens Break?

Short and Round

Newly Enlightened
I have a Eagletac T10C2 and I really like the light. However, when I dropped it on the hard floor the lens shattered :mecry:. They have sent me a new head and lens but it already has a crack in the lens where the bezel meets the glass. Has anyone else had this problem of the lens breaking?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen any cracks yet, but I don't like the fact that the bezel is turned on the lens, reminds me of my Mags, where I always put in a glass to replace the plastic crap. I cracked one reflector as I always tighten everything firmly... :green:

So I do with the EagleTacs and I hear the sound I can't bear when the metal of he bezel turns on the glass. A head should be sealed with the glass and the bezel should be fixed on a metal part over the lens that holds it sealed in place!

My opinion... :mad:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i did. my experience is in my review of the p10a.

i think if you can screw it tight then back off a little, i can imagine the force would go into the threads of the bezel rather than the lens. i would do this but i'm afraid of water leakage or the bezel working it's way off.
maybe a bigger o-ring would help.

the eagletacs i think are heavier ,especially head heavy with the steel bezel and good heatsinking. i think that introduces more energy in the fall compared to an all aluminum head with a smaller heatsink.

i have mixed feelings about the advertising/marketing of it has a striking bezel. i'm sure if you smack window or someone's head, perhaps those things will give in first rather than the light. but on the ground, there is nothing to give in but the lens. it's still a problem because flashlights do drop on the field. i guess the good thing is that it would still function with or without the lens.

i'm sure they are monitoring the boards now. business wise it would be easier/cost effective just to replace the lens than to redesign the light.

i've notice most brands on here address any faults or quirks. time will tell on their interaction with the consumers.