LED Upgrade from Kaidomain

erlon

Newly Enlightened
After THIS I received a pending order from KD.
A R2 P60 drop-in !!!

And for my surprise, I discovered the way KD upgrade THEIR modules... :oops:

Hey, my nem P60 Suppa Bright R2 has arrived. Thanks KD.
kdupgrade00ug7.jpg

Sweeeeeettt... just like I expected... but...
kdupgrade01zx7.jpg

But, wait... What is that ?
kdupgrade02js6.jpg

WTF ??? :thinking: :wtf:
kdupgrade03io2.jpg

... :poof: ...
kdupgrade04rl0.jpg

Thanks again "Jerry" !!! :whoopin:

Last edited:

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the reflector does unscrew right? It could be possible that the "pill" isn't the same, but they used already marked reflectors for it. :shrug:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reflector unscrews above where that marking is. OF course, that's not to say they didn't swap it for an R2. Unlikely, but still ;)

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup: Whether it's just a Q5 they slapped a sticker on, or their R2's needed bodies asap so they used q5 heatsinks, it's hilarious.:popcorn:

erlon

Newly Enlightened
I´m just wondering here what they gonna do when the Q5 stock finish... maybe use their new label machine to put the sticks in the P4 modules...

Sadsack

Newly Enlightened
Makes Me wonder about the R2 P-60 drop in that I ordered from DX :thinking: Is it possible to visually tell the difference between a R2 and Q5. :sigh:

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's actually close to impossible to tell even with a luxmeter, unless you have two identical lights with the only difference being the emitter.

Hammer Train

Banned
Lol! I've lost all faith in Kaidomain recently. It' a shame but DX seems to have the edge over them every time I go to order a part for a mod or a new flashlight!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

That sequence of pictures was masterfully done. Good thing I wasn't drinking milk...

Unfortunately the manpower required to change out Q5 LEDs to R2 LEDs isn't feasible. Now it IS possible that they just used some left over parts... cans that happened to have Q5 printed on them already... and R2's might have been installed in the factory. But common sense based upon experience tells me otherwise.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last time I ordered from KD I received 1/3 of my order 1 month later and 1/3 a month after that,and then the last piece 1 month after that! By then I forgot what I was building.

CathastrophiX

Newly Enlightened
I think it looks like there's three stickers on it.
The one you've peeled off looks like it is two that sticks together?
Have you checked what the middle one says?

lightinsky

Enlightened
The first P60 style drop in I got was a Cree P4 XRE 1447 from DX. The second P60 style drop in I got was from ebay or fleabay as some of you call it was a Solarforce Cree Q5. There is a noticable difference when I compare my Surefire G2 with P4 to my Surefire 6P with the Solarforce Q5. The Q5 has a brighter hot spot and throws further than the P4 but doesn't have as much of a smooth flood as the P4. I think Solarforce made me proud that they lived up to there label that all modules are checked for quality control when made and before shipped. If I get another module it will be an R2 bin Solarforce drop in.

erlon

Newly Enlightened
I think it looks like there's three stickers on it.
The one you've peeled off looks like it is two that sticks together?
Have you checked what the middle one says?

Well observed. The stick in the middle came out together with the "R2" and was another "R2" stick.
I guess they send me 2 stickers to try to compensate the "mistake"
crackup.gif

I recommend that everyone that still believe that could be a innocent mistake of Kaidomain to read this topic:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=184742

Best regards !