SF e2e/P61 mod

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I've read that there is already a thread on modifying an e2e to accept a p61. I've used the search feature but can not find it. Can anyone point me to the thread [or describe the mod]?

TIA

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Thanx for the link.

That looks a little funky for my taste.

I was hoping the mod was more like trimming the p61 to fit in the e2e head, I'm guessing some one here would have already done that if it were possible. :-(

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
There are 2-variations of the E2C that's referenced above. One that McGizmo (Don McLeish) created and the other that Doug Speck (Dspeck) created. Look for the thread in the Modified Forum that talks about the UBH (Universal Battery Holder).

Not highly published is another MOD (courtisy of McGizmo), which happens to be my favorite, which involves modifying the existing E2E bezel by replacing the pyrex lens, adding some o-rings and then extracting the P61 lamp from its reflector.

As recently as last night, using the instructions Don gave me, I was able to make my own modified bezel. Modding the P61 is very easy and it took me no time to do that. I've even gone one better than using Don's directions, whereas I don't even use heat to break the seal of the reflector to the lamp assembly. It's an awesome modification to the E2E/E2O bezel.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, It didn't take much time modding, extracting the lamp assembly from the bezel as nascar said. If you are as tough as me, you can always turn/break the reflector from the rest using your hands. If you can't, use a sharp razor to cut through it(grey stuff). All fail, heat it up!

My mod didn't go successfully, my bulb have a buldge on the top, resulting a taller bulb so I couldn't position the filament high enough. The mod result in a very Wide and Bright flood light. I love it! 20mins flood light.

Here's the link to McGizmo e2e/p61 mod
http://dmcleish.com/CPF/E2-P61/index.html

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
this_is_nascar,

Your describing the type of mod I was interested in, but didn't go into much detail. Can you post the instructions?

I'm relatively new here, maybe you are not allowed to? Maybe your applying for a patent? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did you replace the pyrex lens with a UCL lens?

Edit: Timing is everything, thanx for the additional info.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
See the link that nukiez provided. That's pretty much it. I didn't use heat. I just turned the reflector off from the lamp assembly.

I want to be very clear on this..... this mod is curtisy of Don McLeish (McGizmo). I take no credit for this whatsoever. I was just fotuneate enough to 1) convince Don to sell me several, 2) have the patience to try it myself after seeing how Don did it and 3) have the opportunity to become one of the honored to personally own some of Don's creations.