Nichia 16-LED light head for MagLite

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've got one of these...somewhere!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I used it in a 3-D cell Maglite when I got it, then took it out to exchange with one of Inretech's adapters, and I have no idea where I put the Goldenpsx adapter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I did *not* try it in a 4-cell Mag because I don't have one handy, so I don't know how much brighter it is with 4 cells vs. 3 cells.

I do not have any real test results, but I think it's OK. It's not quite as bright as a SureFire KL1, but it does come pretty close. If you're looking for a super narrow beam "eye killer" you'll have to find that somewhere else. But for a utility flashlight, you could do a whole lot worse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yomamma

Newly Enlightened
hey if ya dont want it any more ill be more then glad to take it off your hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ummm about what you said about the goldenpsx adapter and all that...huh? :p actualy if you could tell me how it compares to a 3 D cell mag that would be great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif also how long it will last and how big the LEDs are (3MM or 5MM) plus how much candel power they put out (as compared to a standard bulb) that would be awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif anyway seriously if you dont need that like head any more ill be glad ta take it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif anyway let me know about the specs on this bad boy ok? thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
We make a 20xLED adapter for the MAGLITE, and populate it with a range of different wavelengths from IR to UV and normal White using KingBright or YolDol

yomamma

Newly Enlightened
cool could you give me information about it? i couldnt find any on your site such as the difrence between KingBright and YolDol and any information i might want thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yomamma

Newly Enlightened
hey does anyone know how this thing stacks up against say a lightwave 4000? lemme know thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one. The construction is good and it has a decent soft large area light with a center spot that is not "hot" but bright.

Not good for spotting deer or varmints in trees but good for not stumbling over things in the dark.

It is more in line with an X5T or an Impact with more useful spillover from the center spot.

Mine is in a 2D-3C converted light and I have not been able to overcome inertia (laziness) to put it in a 4 cell but it is bright enough for it's purpose in the 3 cell.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a nice adapter, but it doesn't have the power that the TriLight does

The KingBright and the YolDol seem to be about the same brightness, just a different color temp

I will try to make more measurements and post them here

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lightwave 4000 is a "10-LED flashlight powered by D-cell batteries"

The InReTECH MC-W is a 20-LED adapter for the 3D MAGLITE using KingBright or YolDol LEDs; it should be 2x brighter than the Lightwave 4000

yomamma

Newly Enlightened
yeah funny thing about the Nichia 16 LED light the guy who sells it on ebay says it runs around 1000 CP per bulb (im guessing around 16,000 candlepower total but i heard you cant exactly add them together?) but ads for the lightwave 400 says it pumps out 40,000 CP anyone know if this is true? if its a choice between the 2 i wouldnt mind spending a few extra bucks and getting the lightwave if it pumps out around double the CP any oppinions?